Senior/Principal Engineer – Water/Wastewater Sector - Peterborough
Senior/Principal Engineer – Water/Wastewater Sector - Peterborough
Atkins, an SNC-Lavalin company, is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies; we have the breadth and depth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects.
Following an exciting and very successful start to AMP7 and expansion of our International portfolio, the Infrastructure division is seeking to appoint a Senior / Principal Engineer to join our Water Sector focused team based at our Peterborough office.
The role will sit within the Asset Planning & Solutions practice of the Atkins Infrastructure division. The role would suit a specialist water / wastewater engineer who enjoys taking ownership of projects and being responsible for developing more junior engineers. You may also be required to spend some time in client’s offices or on site. This role offers excellent opportunities for career development and training for the right candidate. If you have a passion for water engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead to then we would like to hear from you.
The engineering services we offer to our clients requires us to be able to deliver in an agile and future-facing environment. The following are examples of the type of responsibilities and requirements we seek / need you to have, working as part of our dynamic multidisciplinary water / wastewater team.
- Lead and contribute to the delivery of engineering projects (UK and overseas), from inception to handover, to required budget and deadlines.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary environment across teams Worldwide, including the UK, to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Identify opportunities and prepare bids to commercial and competitive standards for the future success of the business.
- To maintain and expand a portfolio of Clients, maintaining excellent professional relationships which can assist in securing repeat business.
- Ensuring the quality of project work meets the agreed standards and specifications.
- Be client focused and able to develop good working relationships with clients; understand client needs and help propose best value technical solutions to meet project challenges.
- Liaise with and support other Project Managers and Directors across the wider UK home and international markets.
- Act as a mentor to other team members, potentially with line management responsibility.
- Have a proactive commitment to Health and Safety and good knowledge of CDM requirements.
- Lead and contribute to the application of digital engineering initiatives and innovative advances in water sector solutions
Detailed role requirements
- Educated to degree level with a civil engineering bias; Chartered Member of a recognised engineering institution.
- Demonstrable experience within a Water Engineering Design environment. In addition to this other civil engineering experience (energy, maritime, geotechnical, industrial) would also be advantageous.
- Up to date knowledge of current design codes and design software relating to Civil and Water Engineering.
- Appreciation of statutory consents, applications for connections / discharge consents, planning approvals and assessments; familiarity with utility, planning, SUDS design, MicroDrainage – design software, highway drainage and other key legislation requirements.
- Experienced in ensuring services meet required quality standards through Quality planning and Control.
- Previous experience working on UK Water frameworks / D+B environment and developer infrastructure projects.
- Have experience in leading multi-disciplinary engineering design teams.
- Proactive commitment to health and safety.
- Possess the ability to demonstrate a proven track record of working collaboratively in teams delivering projects.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills when communicating with stakeholders including technical and non-technical parties are essential.
- Be available to travel across UK and overseas.
About APS Practice
The national Asset Planning & Solutions (AP&S) practice within Atkins SNC-Lavalin Infrastructure division includes a well-established, multidisciplinary, water engineering team with a varied and extensive global portfolio of projects. Our local teams incorporate expert modellers, process, mechanical, electrical and civil engineers who provide a multidisciplinary approach to solving our clients’ problems in creating, managing, building and investing in water and wastewater infrastructure. Applying a networked management approach, and with a focus on staff empowerment, trust and agility, our fast-paced business can match your ambitions.
By drawing on the experience and knowledge of our technical networks, you will be encouraged to enhance your continuing professional development through developing and exploiting ground-breaking technological engineering advances within the water industry. From this class-leading technical foundation, your abilities will be developed to allow you to craft innovative, sustainable solutions and help us and our clients to take advantage of the digital revolution and embed resilience in our delivered solutions. And you will help us let the world know just how good you and we are at this.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device:
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Cities & development
Senior Drainage Engineer - All major LocationLocations: Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Epsom, Glasgow, Leeds, Peterborough and Warrington.Atkins provides drainage design services to Highway, R
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs