Senior/Principal HV Plant Engineer
Senior/Principal HV Plant Engineer
Job Title : Senior/Principal HV Plant Engineer – Electrical Networks
The UK Energy market is undergoing unprecedented change as the country strives towards a net zero carbon target. The sector must contend with high penetration of modern generation, transmission and distribution technologies, energy storage and prepare for the increased demand associated with the electrification of transport and heat as the countries progresses along the decarbonisation pathway.
This is an opportunity to work at the forefront of the energy sector, to deliver outstanding projects and be part of the solution to delivering Net Zero. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.
Building strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role. You’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes at client sites, sometimes from our offices. You will be given the opportunity to develop your career and play a critical role supporting the development and implementation of our client’s projects.
We pride ourselves in offering a truly multi-disciplinary working environment and bring with it exciting opportunities to influence a project in its entirety from beginning to end. Drawing upon a diverse skill set and a proven track record of delivery we are playing a leading role in some of the world’s most challenging and exciting engineering projects.
If you have a passion for engineering and want to understand where a career with Atkins might lead, then we would like to hear from you.
About the Team:
Atkins are proud to be working at the heart of the challenges in the energy industry and within our Power team we are continually developing and growing within this area. Our team is currently delivering work across the Transmission and Distribution sectors across the UK as well as supporting other Energy and infrastructure business sectors. We are in a position where we need to grow our team to enhance our capability and strengthen our service offering. As such we are recruiting a Senior/Principal HV Plant Engineer to join our Electrical Engineering team.
What you’ll be doing:
Your work will largely be spread across 3 activities:
1) Delivering Work: Using your past experience and knowledge, you will be leading the delivery of a variety of projects drawing upon the wider team for the technical engineering requirements and building a strong relationship with our clients. You will be client-facing, responsible for the delivery of our work and making sure it meets our clients expectations.
2) Mentoring and Development: You will provide support and advice to members the team, this may also include line management responsibilities. Atkins focus is on developing our staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities.
3) Business Growth and Development: You will actively identify and capture internal and external opportunities and be leading / providing a significant contribution to our business development cycle by leading new opportunities through bidding and tendering. It would be desirable to have direct contacts with clients.
You’ll need to have:
Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualifications and experience
Chartered Engineer through the IET or in a path to get it.
- Valid TP141 Plant Authorisation.
- Experience in the last 3 years on NGET projects.
- Experience in feed and detail design works including the HV plant including HV layouts, earthing design and reports, mechanical interlocking, HV busbar calculations and technical specification for the HV plant equipment.
- Ability to attend and chair the design review and Hazard review meetings and reviewing HV plant design packages as required.
- Attending site visits, FAT and SAT as required.
- Good knowledge of electrical codes and standards.
- Customer focused when dealing with customers, identifying their needs along with business development skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain existing and develop new client relationships.
- Experience in coaching and developing junior engineers.
- Capability to work under tight deadlines while achieving objectives with the ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
HVDC design experience.
HV cable and OHL design experience.
Atkins is ranked as one of ‘The Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ and as one of the ‘The Times Top 50 Employers for Women’. We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.salary - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.locationfreetext - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.description - en-GB **
Job Title : Senior/Principal Engineer – Protection and ControlAtkins Electrical Networks business are seeking a Senior/Principal Engineer (depending on experience) who thrives on team work and wants t
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.reference - en-GB **
** DEFAULT listwidget.vacancypartial.expirydate - en-GB **
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs