Senior/ Principal Land Safety Consultant
Our growing team embraces the definitions of Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and belonging in a vibrant workplace. Resilience Engineering, helping to make our world safe, secure and sustainable; through Safety Engineering, Asset and Data Analytics whilst solving the Engineering challenges of the future.
The Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division within Atkins/SNC-Lavalin is at the leading edge of Safety Critical Systems Engineering. We provide a range of independent and unbiased advice in safety engineering to a wide range of markets and clients. These roles require a diverse range of professionals with an understanding of safety management in the broadest sense.
Our growing team offer a range of independent and unbiased advice in engineering, technical and strategic advisory services to a wide breadth of markets and clients. We are seeking multiple Senior/Principal Safety Management Consultants with ideally a good understanding of the Aerospace & Defence and wider Markets to provide guidance and direction in the development of safety management solutions for our clients, including:
- Support to sales;
- Assurance of work undertaken by project teams;
- Providing a vision of future needs to support the development of capability;
- Leadership of major safety management assignments for clients.
We require individuals who have self-motivation and enthusiasm, a willingness to learn and develop new skills and possess professional characteristics. You will be someone who is looking to make the next step in their career and to join a team that will provide all the opportunities for further progression that come with being part of a growing business.
We are looking for consultants who can help our clients to manage their systems safety within the land domain. You will be working with our clients to deliver safety management projects and will have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK and the globe.
Professional in approach and performance, with a proven background in;
- Experience in the implementation of Safety Management Systems and the interpretation and analysis of results;
- Working Knowledge of Industry and Defence Standards such as Def Stan 00-056, Defence Safety Authority Regulations (various) in particular DSA02-DLSR.LSSR.
- Proven track record of developing Safety Management solutions at enterprise, platform or at system level;
- Accomplished Practitioner within Safety Critical Systems Engineering;
- Experienced in developing proposals and providing technical assurance;
- Develop innovative Safety Management solutions to support operations;
- Interrogate data systems to assess safety performance and risks and optimise decisions;
- Manage and motivate project teams through strong interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Build sustainable relationships with customers and develop future business opportunities;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills commensurate with the role, including the preparation and presentation of reports to both internal and external customers;
- Knowledge of the Defence and wider markets, or major contractor’s experience.
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent, or working towards it;
- Knowledge and awareness of their discipline and related disciplines and their developments across varied markets including Defence;
- Expertise in hazard and safety risk management;
- Knowledge, awareness and ability to generate Safety Cases Reports;
- Experienced in development of Safety Management Systems and/or Plans;
- Knowledge and understanding of legislation (UK and EU in particular) as it applies to land systems;
- Experienced in development of Legislation Compliance Assessments;
- Experience of conducting/supporting safety related assessments such as HAZOP, FMECA, ZHA, FTA & ETA;
- Knowledge and experience of working in wider markets and the ability to sell their related discipline capability to internal and external clients and across varied markets;
- Membership of UK, EU or US societies/working groups, etc.;
- Production of articles, papers or conference presentations within their discipline.
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience plus learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Please refer to our website for details of our full benefits package. Flexible working options may be considered for this vacancy.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
As a proud supporter of the Armed Forces, Atkins’ Employees are supported to participate with one of a number of reserve forces and will receive up to an additional 10 days paid leave to maintain their annual training commitment.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.