Senior/Principal Landscape Architect
Join our team of 14 landscape architects based in Birmingham City Centre to help lead a mix of landscape planning, environmental design and public realm projects. Alongside project delivery, you would be working with the wider senior team to develop licentiate members of the landscape team and represent the team in client and project meetings.We are looking for a Senior or Principal landscape architect, who is a Chartered Member of the Landscape Institute, to join our Birmingham team and take an active role in the coordination and delivery of technical deliverables, project planning and supporting more junior staff.
This position has been created to accommodate the sustainable growth in our teams workload, which includes a varied portfolio of landscape planning and assessment, environmental design and implementation, public realm and urban design projects. Our local team of 14 landscape architects is part of a national practice of 80, we offer a supportive working environment and encourage collaboration across offices and disciplines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Leading landscape and environmental projects/tasks
- Briefing team members on project tasks and budgets
- Undertaking check and review of drawings and reports
- Preparing specifications for design and construction for hard and soft landscape
- Site inspections
- Checking own work for quality and accuracy
- Liaising with clients and other professionals to establish landscape requirements
- Delivering agreed tasks to time and budget
- Presenting technical work at meetings
- Work with the senior team to identify business development opportunities
- Identify opportunities for innovation and digital delivery
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package with training and career development opportunities that include technical, project and business management skills with one of the UK’s leading design consultancies.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.