Senior/Principal - Systems Engineer
Joining the Systems Engineering Practice will provide opportunities to:
- Work with Clients and the wider business to develop and realise opportunities both within the UK and Internationally.
- Take a leading role in driving the development and sharing of knowledge across the team, mentoring and developing other staff.
- Technically govern the delivery of projects, whilst leading the delivery of Systems Engineering projects, including the management of wider systems activities (e.g. Safety, RAM, EMC, HF).
- Work with both internal and external Customers to deliver System Engineering – including technical scope definition and management, process definition, solution integration, performance analysis and assurance.
- Work with industry leading organisations to drive technical programme development.
- Think critically, define and solve problems, challenge decisions and facilitate our clients thinking.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure that their needs are understood, and shape our services in response.
- Work across the business to align process, share knowledge and drive innovation.
- Continuously develop your skills and competence to maintain professional qualification.
We are looking for systematic thinkers with a good and demonstrable understanding of Systems Engineering methods and process; as well as valid experience within at least one major industry, preferably connected with the railway industry. You should have significant experience within most of the key areas of:
- The application and management of Systems Engineering within the rail industry.
- Requirements authoring, derivation, traceability and management.
- System Architecture development.
- Integration management including interface definition, management and assurance.
- System Assurance planning and delivery, including Verification and Validation (V&V).
- Appreciation or understanding of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) concepts, tools and techniques (including UML or SysML) is desirable but not essential.
Experience in delivering engineering safety (including CSM-RA), reliability, availability and maintainability (RAM), rolling stock and rail planning and operations would also be welcomed; however are not essential.
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Atkins is a big infrastructure consultancy that offers great scope for developing your career, and we don’t believe there’s a better place to be right now. You’ll develop your skills through experience working on a range of projects we have, with focused training and development whilst working as part of a vibrant and social team. You’ll make the most of your analytical skills, client focus and commercial acumen to deliver interesting, high quality projects. We’re very agile and flexible in the way we work and respond to new challenges, presenting many opportunities to upskill, grow your career and move between sectors.