Senior Process Engineer - Energy Storage
Senior Energy Storage Process Engineer
If you are a pro-active Senior Process Engineer with excellent technical, communication and project delivery skills, and thrive in dynamic environments, then this could be the ideal opportunity for you to join our Energy Storage business.
This is an opportunity to join a growing business which is expanding into continental Europe from our UK base.
Building strong and trusted relationships is a key part of this role. You’ll enjoy working with others, sometimes at client sites, sometimes from our offices.
You will be given the opportunity to develop your career and play a critical role supporting the development and implementation of our client’s projects.
About the Team
We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer to be responsible for delivery of process engineering project works in the subsurface energy storage sector. This includes the storage of hydrocarbons and renewable energy products (such as hydrogen)
As part of the Atkins Energy Storage business, you will face the Energy Storage market and based predominantly from our office in Glasgow. Building strong and trusted relationships is an important aspect of this role, so flexibility for travel to other locations in Germany, Europe and our multiple office locations will be required so you can work closely with clients and colleagues alike.
Our work is diverse and therefore you will be flexible, adaptable and have a keen interest in working with a multi-disciplinary engineering team.
By integrating both sound engineering knowledge and practice with an appreciation of technical and safety risk implications, you’ll ensure first class technical delivery to Atkins key client projects
This is a great opportunity to join a high growth, high performing project team in an important technical role.
What you’ll be doing
You will work on a variety of market-leading projects for our key clients where you will be required to demonstrate both technical and leadership abilities to deliver to successful completion.
You’ll be working closely with our clients, you’ll be consulting with them to develop a full understanding of their project requirements, delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. You’ll provide technical direction and leadership. You will be on hand for advice, guidance and mentoring for all our team. You will work closely with all disciplines (engineering, HSE, procurement, quality, etc) and project management to manage design responsibilities and to resolve design related issues associated with the project
Based in our expanding Energy Storage business and working within our Engineering team and as part of an international multi-disciplinary surface and subsurface engineering team you will:
- Support the technical delivery of projects for our energy storage clients where you responsible for the analysis, assessment, optioneering and design of process systems, which can be stand-alone technical tasks or part of large multi-year Owners Engineer contracts.
- Use your knowledge and experience of process plant to develop solutions to complex technical issues, communicating these solutions to clients and engineering them through to implementation.
- Support delivery of our engineering projects ensuring the solutions delivered by the Atkins Energy Storage business are technically excellent, commercially viable and aligned with the latest health and safety requirements.
You will be confident, self-motivated and outgoing person who takes pride in the quality of your work and the success of your projects.
You will also have a strong interest in the Energy market with a good understanding of multi-discipline engineering (including Owners Engineer, FEED and Detailed Design) as well as asset management.
You’ll need to have
- Degree qualified in a Chemical, Process or mechanical discipline
- Chartered member of the IChemE or IMechE.
- Relevant industrial experience in highly regulated industries such as Oil and Gas or Petro Chemical Engineering;
- A good understanding of the various phases of the project delivery process from front end feasibility through FEED and detailed engineering with strong experience in interdisciplinary coordination and the competency to coordinate, review and check work carried out by other engineers;
- High level of communication skills, both written and verbal, with experience creating and presenting technical reports;
- Capable and confident of building and maintaining strong business relationships with internal and external stakeholders with drive and ambition to help us create a market leading business;
- Understanding of process plant and equipment, experience of process engineering software such as HYSYS, experience of process system analysis, assessment, optioneering and design, including hydraulic calculations, equipment sizing, H+MB calculation and relief system sizing/design;
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and industry standards such as API, ISO, NORSOK and process safety methodologies such as HAZOP, SIL & LOPA among others;
- Ability to understand a wide range of processes through review of PFDs, P&IDs, operating instructions, etc and to be able to communicate this to a variety of levels within a client organisation;
- Capable of working under tight deadlines while achieving objectives with the ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately and a self-starter with the ability to work independently when required;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Flexibility to travel.
- A background in hydrocarbon storage or the conventional Oil & Gas industry;
- Experience in performing vendor selection;
- Experience of site-based plant or plant operations;
- Experience in mentoring junior staff in task delivery;
- English and German speaking
Atkins support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations. Our commitment to staff development is underpinned by numerous stable and long-term framework agreements with key clients.
We are one of the world’s foremost engineering and design consultancies, operating in most regions of the world, and in virtually every market. Choosing to work for Atkins will provide you with the opportunity to engage on some of the most exciting engineering challenges of our time. Together with our rewarding and flexible packages, you’ll have the perfect balance to bring your personal and career goals to fruition.
This is an exciting time for us, we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation, while also continuing to grow our services in the UK and Germany.
We develop individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house as well as external training for all our staff.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.