Senior Process Engineer
Senior Process Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
The position will report to the Process Engineering Manager for Oil & Gas Calgary.
The position has responsibilities for the process engineering scope, project deliverables, cost and schedule. More specifically, this involves managing process engineering work on behalf of the Program Lead / Process Engineering Manager to ensure that process engineering deliverables of the particular scope (the project) are both completed and produced on schedule, while controlling deviations in the scope and corresponding cost and the schedule.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Project scope development, sometimes in conjunction with Client’s project team member with clear foresight of the project development
- Planning and scheduling as it relates the project scope to milestones and establishing critical delivery dates for process engineering deliverables to maintain overall project schedule and monitors the actual progress versus schedule
- Identify required resources (skills and tools) for the project and advise Process Engineering Manager and Project Manager / Program Lead of the requirements
- Manages work distribution between process engineers in the task force/ project team and maintaining close coordination between the process engineers
- Actively involved in problem solving, critical decision-making process related to process engineering and advise project management team
- Provide guidance and leadership to the process engineering team in the project and assist the team on technical issues to ensure design/ engineering of a safe and operable facility and the design meets environmental requirements
- Ability to review works (calculation, documents, drawings) prepared by other process engineers
- Manages more than one small project under one major program
- Gathers and disseminates project data and information to all concerned in the project team so that all activities are well correlated and are effective to meet project commitments
- Maintains interfaces with all disciplines and ensures that requirements of other disciplines and the entire project is catered to
- Assists Project Engineering Manager in development of the Project Procedures Manual, Project Execution Plan, and other project initiation activities
- Participates in the project review meetings and client meetings, as and when required by project
- Assist in the development of engineering effort estimates for changes in ongoing projects and for new work scope; proactively implement the change management process
- Promote the use of company and project specific procedures and work processes and support quality audits, technical audits and the close out of any actions that arise
- Establish and maintain interfaces and a positive relationship with the client and all other external parties
- Achieving productivity, quality and other performance related goals
- Always comply with Company’s Code of Conduct
- Complying with all company and departmental policies and procedures including all Health, Safety, and Environment policies
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with others
- Demonstrating behavior that reflects professionalism, ethics, integrity and respect, and represents SNC-Lavalin’s best interests
- Support Process Engineering Manager / Program Lead as required
What will you contribute?
- Completed post-secondary education and or combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 20 years’ experience as a Process Engineer in Oil & Gas industry out of which 10 years as leading process engineering work; minimum of 5 years’ experience in oil sands industry
- Registered Professional Engineer in Alberta or eligible for registration
- Proficient in process engineering tools and methods such as Aspen Hysys suites, Flarenet, SRC software for slurry hydraulic calculations, transient analysis (liquid) through DNV, SPS software etc.
- Experience in working at various stages of project execution such as feasibility/ concept study, front-end engineering and detailed engineering
- Thorough, detailed knowledge and hands-on experience of process engineering aspects of Oil & Gas industries; knowledge of oil sands industry including oil sand mining will be an asset
- Proficient in developing Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), process simulation, energy & material balances, equipment sizing, control valve/ relief valves sizing, Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs), line schedule, relief loads estimation etc.
- In depth technical knowledge and understanding of discipline key work processes as well as overall project development processes
- Have thorough knowledge of Canadian Oil & Gas industry and its standards, practices and requirements
- Able to provide assistance / inputs to the cost estimation team
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and delegation skills
- Solid problem solving, planning and organizational abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid understanding of project life cycle and experience in working at different stages from concept design to commissioning of gas plants
- Site engineering experience in Alberta Oil and Gas market an asset
- Experience in active participation in project reviews (HAZID, HAZOP, SIL, Model Review)
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs