Senior Process Engineer
Senior Process Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
We are seeking a Senior Process Engineer to join our Process Department. The successful candidate will report to the Director, Process & Metallurgy.
How will you contribute to the team?
The person in this position will work closely with all disciplines (engineering, HSE, procurement, quality, etc) and project management to manage design responsibilities and to resolve design related issues associated with the project. The candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Leading and directing the work of professional engineers and technical staff on engineering studies and EPCM projects of various sizes and durations.
- Providing process engineering and technical expertise for clients in the Mining & Metallurgy industry, with emphasis in hydrometallurgy and mineral processing.
- Providing technical guidance, working instructions, and supporting the application of sound Engineering principles and procedures to meet quality and performance standards.
- Supporting all Engineering activities in compliance with applicable Codes, standards and regulations.
- Proficiency in equipment sizing, hydraulic calculations and preparation of heat and material balances.
- Carry out technical evaluations and vendor documentation review.
- Develop process design criteria as a basis of the process design.
- Review and direct development of process flow diagrams and piping and instrumentation diagrams.
- Provide input to debottlenecking and troubleshooting studies.
- Provide assistance and support to Operations during commissioning and start-up.
- Conduct strategic technology assessments.
- Perform trade-off studies.
- Write and present detailed engineering reports, studies and briefs.
- Support in business development activities, such as the preparation of proposals, development of scopes of work, execution methodologies, engineering estimates, definition of project schedules, and the identification of project teams.
- Participate in project cost estimates.
- Oversee the technical accuracy, completeness, and quality of all process engineering deliverables and activities on a project.
- Prepare technical quality audits on multiple projects.
- Must be willing and capable of international travel, as required and for possible significant periods.
- To act as technical liaison between technology providers, vendors and client’s principal engineering contacts, as required.
- Ensure that quality, health and safety, and environmental requirements are met.
What will you contribute?
- University degree in Chemical Engineering from a recognized institution with 15 – 20 years of experience.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a P.Eng. in the Province of Ontario.
- Process experience in lithium, nickel, copper, gold industries, both in design and start-up/commissioning of projects.
- Proficient in analyzing outputs and running HYSIS, Aspen, and Hydraulic Systems.
- Knowledge of process safety methodologies eg. HAZOP.
- Proficient to coordinate, review and check work carried out by other engineers.
- Capable of working under tight deadlines while achieving objectives.
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Strong logical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong experiences in interdiscipline coordination.
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to perform design engineering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Self-starter with the ability to work solitarily when required.
- Experience in leading teams of engineers and designers on projects.
- Foster a spirit of enthusiasm, client focus, team building and continual improvement.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy good compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. https://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs