Senior Process Specialist - Biopharmaceutical
Senior Process Specialist - Biopharmaceutical
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. Our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious projects in the world.
The Life Sciences team within the Industrial Engineering division is currently looking for a Senior Process Engineer, for its Toronto office, to act as Technical Specialist and Design Professional. We’re seeking an enthusiastic team member for delivering engineering services in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech and Agro/Food Industries.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Engage clients to identify and collect process specific information.
- Conceptual design of biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical processes and clean utilities.
- Calculations required to size equipment and utilities.
- Write documentation to create specifications and tender documents.
- Support the development and expansion of the process group with leadership and participation in industry events.
- Prepare technical reports.
- Produce block flow diagrams, PFDs, P&IDs and Layout drawings.
- Produce heat and material balances.
- Produce process simulation models.
- Perform commissioning of process and mechanical systems and participate in FATs and SATs.
- Hold client and supplier meetings.
- Troubleshoot equipment and process issues.
- Participate and contribute to equipment 3D model reviews, piping design reviews and building plan layout reviews.
- Lead a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Mentor junior engineers.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Biological Engineering. Masters in a connected field is an asset.
- Minimum 10-15 years experience in Pharmaceutical /Biopharmaceutical is preferred.
- Licensed by a Professional Engineering Association (in Canada) is required. Member of Professional Engineers of Ontario preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of GMP and biopharmaceuticals regulated environments (US FDA, KFDA, EMA and WHO regulations) is an asset.
- AutoCAD, SuperPro, SchedulePro experience would be an asset.
- Project management and capability to develop Process Architecture at early project stages
- Autonomous and organized.
- Ability to thrive in a teamwork environment.
- Ability to travel.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs