Senior Process Specialist - Biopharmaceutical
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in the Toronto Road Office.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Conceptual design of biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical processes and clean utilities.
- Calculations required to size equipment and utilities.
- Writing documentation to create specifications and tender documents.
- Preparing technical reports.
- Producing block flow diagrams, PFDs, P&IDs and Layout drawings.
- Producing heat and material balances.
- Producing process simulation models.
- Writing and executing validation protocols.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs.
- Commissioning of process and mechanical systems and participating in FATs and SATs.
- Project management.
- Holding client and supplier meetings.
- Troubleshooting equipment and process issues.
- Participating and contributing to equipment 3D model reviews, piping design reviews and building plan layout reviews.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Biological Engineering. Masters in a connected field is an asset.
- Minimum 10-year experience in Pharmaceutical /Biopharmaceutical is preferred.
- Licensed by a Professional Engineering Association (in Canada) is required. Member of Professional Engineers of Ontario preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of GMP and biopharmaceuticals regulated environments (US FDA, KFDA, EMA and WHO regulations) is an asset.
- Ability to travel.
- AutoCAD experience would be an asset.
- SuperPro, SchedulePro experience would be an asset.
- Autonomous and organized.
- Ability to thrive in a teamwork environment.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com