Senior Process Specialist - Biopharmaceutical
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is one of the leading engineering and construction groups in the world and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices in over 50 countries, SNC-Lavalin's approximately 40,000 employees provide EPC and EPCM services to clients in a variety of industry sectors, including oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, environment and water, infrastructure and power. SNC-Lavalin can also combine these services with its financing and operations and maintenance capabilities to provide complete end-to-end project solutions.
- Conceptual design of biopharmaceutical/pharmaceutical processes and clean utilities.
- Calculations required to size equipment and utilities.
- Writing documentation to create specifications and tender documents.
- Preparing technical reports.
- Producing block flow diagrams, PFDs, P&IDs and Layout drawings.
- Producing heat and material balances.
- Producing process simulation models.
- Writing and executing validation protocols.
- Working knowledge of cGMPs.
- Commissioning of process and mechanical systems and participating in FATs and SATs.
- Project management.
- Holding client and supplier meetings.
- Troubleshooting equipment and process issues.
- Participating and contributing to equipment 3D model reviews, piping design reviews and building plan layout reviews.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary project team.
- Mentoring junior engineers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical or Biological Engineering. Masters in a connected field is an asset.
- Minimum 10-year experience in Pharmaceutical /Biopharmaceutical is preferred.
- Licensed by a Professional Engineering Association (in Canada) is required. Member of Professional Engineers of Ontario preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of GMP and biopharmaceuticals regulated environments (US FDA, KFDA, EMA and WHO regulations) is an asset.
- Ability to travel.
- AutoCAD experience would be an asset.
- SuperPro, SchedulePro experience would be an asset.
- Autonomous and organized.
- Ability to thrive in a teamwork environment.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.