Senior Programme Manager
Job Title: Programme Manager
If you are an established professional project and programme manager with waste and decommissioning experience, then we’d love you to apply for this role and join our team.
Our team specializes in taking on the most challenging engineering projects in the nuclear decommissioning sector, covering markets in the UK, Europe and North America. Our clients are mostly tier 1 site licence companies, utilities and government organisations with aging and non-operational nuclear reactor fleets.
The project and programme management opportunities we have are varied in size and responsibility levels from consultancy services providing senior trusted advisor roles, to complex multi-disciplinary design and delivery of waste and decommissioning projects.
Working across our nuclear decommissioning business sectors in the UK and Europe, you will work directly for our key clients embedded into their waste and decommissioning programmes or lead the delivery of Atkins technical waste, engineering or decommissioning projects.
You must be able to appreciate complex practical, technical and commercial issues and to work constructively with a broad range of stakeholders; leading project teams that are either local to you or distributed across multiple sites.
The opportunities we have are varied in size and nature and suit a range of project management styles and backgrounds. We are particularly keen to speak to individuals who are building a career as a professional programme manager or who are delivery focused project engineers, to help us shape the future of our business on more complex opportunities.
Our clients are based in the UK, Europe and North America and flexibility and mobility maybe required to accommodate some international travel.
Other aspects of the role will include supporting the growth of our capabilities through building a reputation for excellence, mentoring others, supporting business development and bidding activities.
You’ll have excellent communication, listening, stakeholder management and influencing skills. You’ll be able to operate at the highest level within client organisations, engage constructively with multiple stakeholders and lead delivery teams. Through your work and client engagement you will be expected to shape the development of our future business.
You’ll enjoy turning your hand to new challenges and will be keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams. You must also be able to successfully manage the commercial and quality performance of projects and proactively deploy a range of techniques to control delivery, cost, manage risk and change.
Skills and behaviours:
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
- Performance driven and able to motivate self and teams and create a strong delivery culture.
- Resilient and able to lead and support organisational change.
- A strong element of client relationship management and people leadership.
- Willing to work flexibly with occasional out of hours work to accommodate project & client requirements.
Demonstrable knowledge and experience should include:
- Leading and directing teams and resources.
- Operating at senior levels of a waste and decommissioning organisation.
- Experience of decommissioning planning and programme development.
- Nuclear industry, organisational capability and waste and decommissioning supply chains.
- Delivery or work under different types of engineering and construction contracts, (including NEC3, FEED and the negotiation of target, fixed price and time & materials engagements) is desirable.
- Consultancy services, engineering advice and engineering design, or manufacturing and commissioning projects.
We envisage that you will have the following qualifications (or equivalents):
- Degree qualified in a related Engineering or Technical Discipline.
- Project, commercial or business management qualifications.
Reward & Benefits:
Please refer to our website for full details of our benefits package, which includes the opportunity to purchase up to 15 days additional annual leave per year on top of our standard 25 days paid annual leave.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We encourage participation in all forms of training and have an active programme of in-house and well as external training for all of our engineers.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.