Senior Programme Manager - LSE
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is one of the world’s leading project and programme management consultancies operating at the forefront of the property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise to our clients.
To help realise our ambitious growth plans with our existing client base, Faithful+Gould is looking for an ambitious and respected Programme Manager with strong and proven relevant programme delivery experience. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the programme management team in London, and will work closely with the UK programme management community. You will play a key role in growing one of our strategic service lines.
Based in our London office, you will contribute to the programme management business plan, work on key client accounts, drive innovation in our service delivery, and foster a collaborative working environment with the wider group.
- Leads, directs and manages the a medium complex programme or supports a Programme Director on a major and complex programme. Typically responsible for programmes between £50m and £250m capital spend
- Managing relationships with senior stakeholders, and providing a leadership role to the programme team and project managers. Responsible for ensuring all work and outputs are executed to meet programme objectives and goals
- Has regular engagement with senior client team members and key stakeholders
- Accountable for and reports progress on all aspects of their allocated area of programme/functional area scope
- Lead a programme management team, setting objectives, managing performance and ensuring that staff have the necessary skills to deliver the project objectives
- Lead the implementation of complex programmes, managing multi-disciplinary teams and working to mid-long term timescales, to ensure delivery standards meet expectations
- Monitor and review the performance and behaviour of all team members, including educating and influencing others, and take action to ensure organisational policies and codes of conduct are followed
- Assure compliance with contracts in terms of programme delivery parameters and scope of service
- Analyse and review complex information from a range of data sources in order to identify how different options may impact project delivery and advise clients and internal stakeholders on potential implications
- Develop programme management processes and policies and lead the implementation of system improvements for own programmes, ensuring developments are in line with strategic business objectives
- Manage relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to identify opportunities for improved efficiencies and collaboration between projects to ensure commercial viability and customer satisfaction
- Act as a technical expert within the programme and associated projects, providing strategic advice to other senior managers, in order to support successful delivery in line with programme outcomes
- Manage and build relationships with client project sponsors/stakeholders in order to ensure all parties are informed and aware of project progress and are aligned to meet objectives.
- Support the business Programme Management Service Lead in continually improving our service delivery toolkit and establishing best practice in the programme management field
- Help the development of marketing collateral to support tenders and support interviews and meetings with prospective clients
- Work closely with the business leadership to grow our market share by maximising opportunities with existing clients and bringing new clients and opportunities to the business
- Collaboration with other offices, service streams, sectors and the wider Faithful+Gould/SNC Lavalin business to provide combined and innovative solutions to improve our competitive advantage within the Programme Management arena
- Undergraduate/Masters degree level education required and preferably in a construction, real estate or facility management related subject
- Programme management experience essential and preferably with Corporate Real Estate, Central Government or Local Authority Clients
- MSP practitioner or equivalent qualification
- Detailed understanding and knowledge of the approach to mobilising and operating programme management solutions and programme management office’s (PMO’s) including governance, assurance, controls and reporting
- Ability and track record in identifying, planning, implementing and executing programmes of works, that are complex in nature
- Full understanding of the component parts of projects and overall programme management techniques
- Track record of winning and/or delivering programmes of work is essential
- Experience of programme risk/issue management, mitigation and programme reporting
- Experience of stakeholder mapping and management techniques
- Understanding of the different procurement methods available in the industry
- High standard of proficiency in oral and written communication and ability to structure, review and direct resources appropriately
- Confident use of Microsoft Office and other role related software packages
- Experience with the administration and of use of programme management software and reporting software solutions (such as Power BI)
- Knowledge of our competitors and the property linked programme management market
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to make have a significant impact on the programme management service line in London. Key attributes include:
- Excellent organisational skills, the ability to multi-task and identify key issues
- Charismatic, resourceful, energetic and enthusiastic, individually strong but a good team player
- Engaging and approachable with strong communication and presentation skills
- Able to inspire, gain trust and motivate as well influence effectively
- Innovative, ambitious and confident
- Market savvy and commercially minded, able to see the opportunity and to develop it
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.