Senior Programme Practitioner/Senior Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
You will be representing Atkins to senior clients, so it is key that our values and ways of working are demonstrated within the role:
- Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively with others and provide help where required
- Stakeholders - Maintaining and developing excellent professional relationships which can secure repeat business. Presenting to clients and key stakeholders in a professional, responsive and client focused manner.
- Communication – High emotional intelligence - listens and questions effectively, concise verbal and written communication skills and effective questioning/listening skills. Able to communicate with confidence at higher and lower levels
- Flexibility to adapt from providing advice on improving client’s delivery to ‘rolling up your sleeves’ to assist clients in delivering key projects and work packages in their portfolio.
- Customer Focus – Delivers a high level of customer service to our customers
- Achievement – Looks to exceed client aspirations and works to goals and manages obstacles. Energy, pride and determination in meeting targets and overcoming challenges
- Initiative – Ability to analyse data and situations, break down work into key tasks and activities
- Development – Wants to continually develop new skills and undertake personal training and CPD. Developing more junior staff by technical training and mentoring
- Collegiate – Manage client demands whilst contributing to the development of the P3M Delivery Practice
- Ethics and integrity – uphold Atkins high professional standards at all times
- Advocacy – be an ambassador for our wider business at all times
A detailed working knowledge and demonstrable experience in the following areas:
- Problem identification, report writing, recommending actions and building relationships with immediate contacts
- Working collaboratively across the Atkins Group.
- Assigning work to and checking / reviewing the project team’s work.
- Proven track record with at least 10 years’ experience of delivery management, or PMO experience.
- Recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, APM, MoR, MSP)
- Planning, monitoring and reporting, with P6, Microsoft Project or JIRA experience desirable.
- Client, programme and financial management of projects.
- Issue and Risk management
- Awareness of Change Management and Processes.
- Knowledge and experience of Agile delivery approaches including DSDM and SCRUM, but also Agile at scale using methodologies such as SaFE is highly desirable
- Commercially astute, able to effectively manage assignments on time, on budget. It is desirable if you have experience of managing 3rd Party Suppliers
- Additional Requirements
- UK Mobile, whilst operating from a base Office in either Bristol or Cheltenham.
- Prepared if required to undergo security clearance for working at clients in the UK Public sector
• Extensive experience of working as consultant or client.
• In depth knowledge and experience of delivering design solutions appropriate to the needs of the clients.
• Ability to write project briefs, prepare project plans and calculate fee estimates.
• Experience of managing the supply chain.
Experience of client engagement and business development activities. Knowledge of business models adopted in the sector and commercial and technical risks.
• Experience of financial and budgetary processes.
• Ability to identify and respond to our clients’ values in a competitive market sector.
• Proven ability to keep control in pressed situations, deliver work within set timeframes and create a well-motivated team.
- Act as Technical Lead or Technical Reviewer on projects.
• Experience of demonstrating best value and innovation to clients.
• Ability to work flexibly between Atkins and client offices.
• Collaborative behaviours with both staff and client
Excellent commercial acumen.
• Degree or equivalent experience.
• Chartered / Incorporated status (or working towards).
• Positive and practical with experience of managing resources, mentoring Project Managers and inspiring multidisciplinary teams to exceed client expectations.
• Knowledge gained from working within a contractor and/or client organisation.
• Experience in working in the defence or security sector is highly desirable.
• Hold a valid UK driving licence.
Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients.
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
• A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
• Ability to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
• Self motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-discipline team in leading and managing packages of work to completion, within budget and to programme.
• A high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team.
• Customer focused with excellent relationship management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
• A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview. If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.