Senior Project Controls Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Project Controls Manager to form part of our Project Management Consultant (PMC) project team, based on a large mixed-use project in Doha, Qatar. The main objective of the PMC is to implement and manage the overall Development Programme.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Project Controls Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Manage the Project Controls requirements of the scope and Development of the Project Controls Strategy in accordance with the Employer Requirements,
- Interface with the project management team and all key stakeholders.
- Manage governance to ensure robust cost and schedule performance for the agreed Scope of Work across integrated programmes managed across multiple sub-contractors.
- Manage the weekly and monthly progress report protocols / templates for progress reporting and monitoring progress against it.
- Establishment of earned value management guidance and tools for project performance monitoring and reporting,
- Manage the preparation of weekly and monthly progress reports/presentations for the client.
- Assisting in establishing / delivering formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the client and project in accordance with the employer requirements.
- Prepare project advice for any site progress / planning concern that may impact site progress.
- Prepare and manage the daily escalation report and early warnings for project managers.
- Overseeing the preparation of risk assessments and mitigation plans.
- Ensure and manage effective information and document transfer at all levels
- Establishing the document coding structure for all documents.
- Manage and develop the document control system and communication flow for the project.
- Ensure procurement, material and submittal logs are created and maintained.
- Manage and identify long lead items.
- Reviewing contract documents, suggesting changes for planning and programming aspects and the addition of new clauses if necessary.
- Manage the design, procurement and construction progress for compliance with contract requirements.
- Arrange and manage planning workshops/meetings to discuss and assist contractors / consultants to close their planning / project control issues.
- Manage the set-up of Primavera Project Management System.
- Manage the preparation of the master programme for the project.
- Manage and review construction programmes received from contractors and analyse them in line with the contractual requirements.
- Preparing design programs for projects under design and guideline programs for projects to be started / under-progress.
- Provide assistance and advice in the management of claims and disputes,
- Prepare claim and counter- claim register including “cause and effect” of all events
- in claims logs,
- Review delay and disruption analysis in response to contractors’ claims,
- Making recommendations for possible acceleration,
- Challenge any claims and EOT requests, prepare recommendation reports as required
- Must have a Batchelor’s Degree in a Construction related discipline;
- Possess over 8 years of total experience and at least 2 years’ experience in the Middle East, preferably Qatar;
- Knowledge of current cost, schedule, and document control software (ex: Oracle P6, Excel, Prism, SAP, and SharePoint)
- Strong experience in PCM of major projects;
- Preferably with experience of real estate development;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision;
- Possess good project background and proven English language technical writing ability and skills.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants