Senior Project Engineer - Chennai
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Senior Project Engineer - Chennai
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
The Senior Project Engineer – OPC will be a member of Linxon IN OPC-Chennai Engineering Team and will contribute towards the effective operation of the business unit. This role will work on project/Tender specific activities assigned to the OPC group along with skilled team on a wide range of international T&D substation projects, classified as medium engineering complexity. Individual contributor using prior theoretical learning or knowledge of methods and technologies to execute work assignments using established solutions. The position provides design for engineering discipline across multiple engineering projects within the OPC. Complete the assignments on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects, cost-effectively and in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards. Highest quality standards are applied, and safety requirements are taken into consideration.
Knowledge & Skill:
• Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s degree in electrical/Power Engineering.
• 10-13 years’ experience in substation design with focus on HV Equipment expertise and overall system design.
• Sound application knowledge of such GIS, transformers, Switchgears Reactors up to 400kV.
• Sound knowledge on engineering of transmission and distribution practices (up to 400kV)
• Knowledge on international standards and best practices related to HV substation & equipment.
• Hands on experience in HV Substation Primary Design engineering preparation of SLD, layout, sections, Specifications, RFQ, BOQ, SCF, DSLP, Earthing system, Busbar sizing, Cable engineering, Auxiliary system etc.
• Fair knowledge on HV Substation secondary engineering.
• Understanding of CAD/CAE applications and tools.
• Understanding of electronic records management systems.
• Ability to summarize meeting outcomes
• Able to work with priorities and identify conflicts
• High attention to detail and quality.
• Add on advantage of experience in Rail power distribution systems. (DC/AC system)
• Serves as a specialist in application of advanced concepts and methods on a specific engineering discipline.
• Act as a design authority for a particular engineering discipline and coordinates across several projects.
• Secure the completeness of the assigned packages and correct function of the resulting substation system.
• Confirm the engineering is developed, taken into consideration the complete information and all inter discipline checks has been conducted, the results are documented in the project specific storage area.
• Solves problems that appear during engineering development.
• Focus on cost-efficient system solutions
• Report and keep records for all engineering changes. Cooperate with the LPO engineering team and agree on the project specific impacts, caused by the changes.
• Ensure compliance with Linxon and Client engineering guidelines, standards and quality across the complete engineering process.
• Creates work plans and cost estimates in own area of responsibility. Reviews and approves scope, budget and schedule for specific engineering assignments and ensures quality deliverables on time and within targeted cost.
• Co-ordinate clarify with engineers, sub-contractors and suppliers technical issues (within the assigned scope of work) and technical interfaces. Inform BU Lead regular about the activities and status.
• Collaborate with the site team, attend site during construction phase if necessary.
• Contribute to the risk & opportunity register, by communicating observations
• Prepare all technical documentation for the equipment specification as input to the purchase requisitions
• Contribute to the Up-to-date design issue log
• Safety – Understand and follow Linxon HSE procedures and guidelines
• Participate at design reviews. Keep records and ensure design freeze as required.
• Provide input for close out report and lessons learned and follow/review lessons learned for next projects
Engineering Team / Project Lead engineer / Engineering Manager:
• Acts as design authority for the specific engineering disciplines included in the project specific scope of work assigned. Actively develops and coaches the OPC Engineering team and colleagues, support with technical advice and guidance.
• Cultivates a network of Engineering professionals both within and outside own business
• Coordinate the creation of work plans and prepare regular estimation of the cost to complete for working packages in all applicable engineering disciplines.
• Close liaison with HV equipment suppliers to ensure engineering integrity and
best engineering practice is achieved.
• List, report and address all noted deviations to the engineering specifications, plan and suggest corrective actions
• Prepare and provide proactive input in all technical matters to the OPC / BU Lead Engineer.
• Ensures completion of engineering related risk assessments and opportunity assessments, supports the OPC / BU Lead Engineer in the overall project risk and opportunity assessment, (e.g. variation orders and claims) and implementation of resulting actions for own project responsibilities.
• Clarifying potential issues or providing solutions to correct engineering errors in cooperation with the BU Lead Engineer.
• Creates proposals for engineering projects or programs through coordination of proposal drawings, bills of materials, verification of suppliers technical offers and estimate engineering hours for all engineering disciplines.
• Performs engineering risk analysis and quality checks before submitting proposal and communicate the results
• Do not compromise safety standards
• Contribute actively to the safety by design process.
Supply Chain Management/Suppliers:
• Preparation of RFQ documents for SCM to obtain quote. Providing technical clearance for finalisation of orders in cooperation with the BU, after technical evaluation of offers
• Ensure completeness of delivery scope from suppliers by reviewing and commenting vendor documents
• Act as technical interface.
• Knowledge and adherence to Linxon’s Code of Conduct
• Working knowledge and ability to interpret and apply relevant International and local codes and standards and, client standards and specifications.
Application of knowledge to add value
• Ability to determine the advantages and disadvantages and relative costs of alternative design concepts and work with the BU engineering team on the establishment of preferred concepts.
• Demonstrate the interest of continual improvement in the execution of work.
Understanding and implementation of engineering and design process
• Understanding of design deliverables required for conceptual and Detailed Design, establishing appropriate level of detail and checking required for each phase.
Equipment design, specification and procurement activities
• Correctly describe and suggest materials for different services, environments and applications.
• Competently review and comment on vendor data for a wide range of equipment and packages and incorporation of vendor information into the design.
General software and analytical skills
• Experience in the efficient use of Microsoft Office packages
• Experience with job specific software packages such as databases and calculation tools.
• Ability to learn and apply new software.
Designs for constructability, commissioning, operations and maintenance
• Obtained 3 to 6 months of construction and or commissioning site experience
Managing work, planning and organisation
• Support engineering team with technical advice and guidance on specific engineering disciplines.