Senior Project Engineer - Systems, Rail & Transit
Senior Project Engineer - Systems, Rail & Transit
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Mass Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years including the Canada Line, Calgary West LRT, Edmonton North LRT, the Evergreen Line, Eglinton Crosstown LRT, Confederation Line and Trillium Line Extension, to name a few.
We are actively working on delivering, Eglinton-Crosstown (Toronto) and Trillium Line (Ottawa) and have several other projects at the proposal stage or awaiting award.
Our Mass Transit Systems teams deliver solutions that include alignment and track, traction power and power distribution, train control and signalling, and communications.
One of the key components of our Rail Control Systems Product Line delivery are the System Design Teams and the Communications and Train Control designs they deliver and integrate with the many facilities and vehicle elements of a modern transit system.
In light of our current and future workloads, our Rail Control Systems team is looking for a Project Engineer, reporting to the Manager, Project Engineering for complex projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Supporting projects acting as an interface between the design team and projects to support the delivery of communication systems including fibre-optic networks, fire alarm systems, radio systems, passenger information systems, telephony, building management/automation, access control/intrusion detection, Closed Circuit Television, and SCADA.
- Support Projects’ Integration of Communication System design into Stations, Stops, Traction Power Sub-stations, Maintenance & Storage facilities and Control Centres in accordance with Project requirements.
- Working with the System Design teams, other engineering discipline design teams and Project Design Management on specification and delivery of these various Communication Systems into the overall transit, urban rail and heavy freight project solutions.
- Interfacing with design groups (train control, power systems, fixed facilities, etc.) and with external team members (architects, code consultants, AHJs, major suppliers, etc.).
- Interfacing with Project Management teams for deliverable/project milestone scheduling and progress reporting.
- Interfacing with Construction teams for delivery of IFC drawings and documentation acting as liaison between design and construction;
- Interfacing with Rail Control Systems team for project resource requirements and forecasting.
- Supporting delivery of Design\Construction and Interface Control documentation within team and project mandated procedures.
- Interaction with Operations and Maintenance teams to understand and feed requirements to the design and project management teams.
- Support of construction and installation activities in the field.
- Support for Testing & Commissioning and setting to work of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signalling, information, and control systems.
- Management of design scope and interface with Project Management team to document and track changes.
What will you contribute?
- P. Eng designation with PEO in Ontario: Company will support the candidate to get the P. Eng designation if licensed in another province.
- PMP certification is an asset (but not required).
- Experienced in Project Engineering preferably for transit project’s systems.
- Experienced in dealing with mixed staff design teams concurring to the generation of design documents, construction drawings and submissions.
- Accustomed to operating within a multi-disciplinary project structure with responsibility for Systems project engineering.
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision.
- Accustomed to working on multiple projects at one time.
- Able to interact with senior staff and clients as the point of interface.
- Able to interact within discussions with clients and suppliers and able to take the technical lead on such discussions.
- Able to interact with and mentor fellow team members.
- Able to adapt to changing circumstances and dynamic schedules.
- Able to work in design office, project office and field environments.
- Min 10 years experience in project engineering for Communications Systems in Transit, Industrial Automation, Complex Buildings or similar environments.
- Must be willing to travel to project sites
- Must be willing to travel to vendor locations
- Must be able to work away from home for periods of time.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin?
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs