Senior Project Manager- Buildings
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager – Buildings with a minimum of 10 years’ experience in the management of large scale buildings projects. As the Construction phase lead, you will be responsible for all aspects of the delivery of major works packages (buildings works).
As the Construction phase lead you are required to provide the interface between project ownership and delivery. You are required to act as the single focal point of contact between the Client, consultants and the Construction Contractor(s), ensuring the desired project objectives are delivered. You must have adequate knowledge and information about the business and the project in order to make informed value-add ed decisions for both the Client and the Company.
This position requires professional ability and inherent motivation. You need to have the skills required to direct meetings, introduce discussion to encourage thinking on the wider commercial context and be responsible for the tasks assigned to members of your project team. This is a hands-on role. You should be willing and able to perform duties diligently to the quality standards set by the Company and conform to the Company’s policies and business systems and be committed to their implementation and continuous improvement at all times.
You will operate within the constraints of the particular contract for which you have been appointed. You will have financial delegations for the Company in accordance with the financial authorities established by the Company, and as amended from time to time.
Skills and Attributes:
You are expected to:
- Apply quality management principles and processes
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes
- Network effectively, negotiate well and influence people, broker relationships with stakeholders within and outside the project
- Be aware of the broader environmental, social and economic perspectives and how they may affect the project
- Support and provide leadership to your project team.
You will be responsible for at least the following areas and duties in your role:
- Manage and coordinate the inputs of project stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of the project
- Coordinate the building services design and execution between Engineering, Architectural and Civil/Structural disciplines;
- Initiating and managing building services designs to meet budget;
- Apply quality management principles and processes;
- Apply risk assessment and management principles and processes;
- Providing strategic planning advice in relation to the requirements for phasing of infrastructure works, the sequence of works and the necessary authority approval processes;
- Providing technical input for offer requests and the awarding of infrastructure subcontracts;
- In conjunction with the Project Director and other Senior Project Managers, manage the tender assessment, negotiation and award of infrastructure contracts;
- Manage and resolve site planning and coordination issues;
- Manage technical coordination meetings with subcontractors and project staff;
- Manage the building services site works in accordance with the approved Master Programme;
- Manage the implementation of site based approval protocols to ensure that the infrastructure is completed in accordance with the design, specification and quality requirements;
The minimum requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree Civil Engineering in a building services discipline
- 10 years post qualification experience in Project Management
- Minimum last 5 years as a Senior PM (Buildings background)
- Must have worked on large buildings/mixed-use projects as a PM from inception to completion.
- Project Management experience with a leading PMC
- Contract administration experience is necessary
- Middle East experience required, preferably including Qatar
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary;
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- Annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin;
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979. In July 2017, Atkins was acquired by SNC Lavalin and so it is now part of larger global group that can support the full range of project delivery, from inception to construction and final operation.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.