Senior Project Manager - Environmental
Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
SNC-Lavalin is seeking a Senior Project Manager - Environmental to join our team serving our private industry and government clients throughout Ontario. The successful candidate will be part of a team of environmental engineers/geoscientists and will lead project teams and/or provide technical support for projects related to environmental investigation and remediation, hydrogeological investigations and/or construction monitoring supporting private industry, oil and gas and government support sectors.
The successful candidate will bring demonstrated leadership skills and will be able to provide effective communication and direction when dealing with project team members, subcontractors/suppliers and clients. Mentoring junior and intermediate technical staff, liaising with regulatory agencies, networking with professionals and developing new business would be key aspects of this role.
The successful candidate will have more than eight years of progressive experience in the environmental consulting field, including field execution and management of Phase I/II/III environmental site assessments and associated remediation projects. Experience in the execution or management of solid waste management related projects, sediment assessments, risk assessments (QPESA), designated substance surveys, air quality assessment would be considered additional assets. This position is supported by junior, intermediate and senior staff across Ontario and Canada. The position is based in our Toronto or Burlington, ON locations and reports to management based in Toronto, ON.
- Management of projects of varying complexity involving soil, groundwater, surface water and/or soil vapour or air quality characterization and remedial system design and implementation, environmental compliance, designated substances and hazardous materials
- Evaluating and analyzing data using a variety of standardized and more complex methods
- Executing technical tasks requiring accuracy in calculations, completeness and adherence to prescribed data testing methods
- Preparing reports, proposals and other project documents of varying complexity
- Hiring and directing contractors
- Management of personnel and resources, with a strong focus on health and safety management
- Supervising less experienced staff on a project basis and in some cases, providing technical direction and mentoring
- Promote team effort and collaboration
- Developing budgets, tracking costs and schedules and maintaining profitability
- Ensuring client objectives are met
- Developing new business, including, but not limited to, proposal preparation
- More than 8 years of practical, progressive environmental consulting experience or equivalent industrial or institutional experience;
- Must be licensed as a certified professional by one of: Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO) with P.Eng.; Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario (APGO) with P.Geo;
- Through education or experience have demonstrable knowledge and skills in relevant disciplines including geology, physical hydrogeology, chemical hydrogeology including aqueous chemistry/chemical fate and transport, occupational hygiene and health and safety systems
- Solid knowledge of municipal, provincial and federal environmental laws, regulations and guidelines as they apply to environmental investigation, remediation and/or construction projects in Ontario (and other parts of Canada as applicable on a project specific basis)
- Sound judgment and problem solving ability
- A commitment to teamwork and established multi-disciplinary communication skills
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage time and multiple projects accordingly
- Demonstrated expertise in contractor supervision, project management and contract administration
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven technical writing skills
- Commitment to excellence with a focus on quality control, quality management and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills are required with preference given to demonstrated client liaison aptitude
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- English proficiency in reading and writing
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.