Senior Project Manager
Working out of SNC- Lavalin's office in Exton PA, and with members of the Engineering and Design teams, you will be part of a team that works on technically complex design/build projects in the biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
As a Senior Project Manager in SNC-Lavalin's Engineering and Construction department and reporting to the Sr. Director of Project Delivery, you will manage EPC projects, develop proposals for new work, serve as prime point of contact for clients, sub-consultants and subcontractors and manage the multi-discipline design projects.
What will be your contribution?
- Develop and maintain design and construction schedules in MS Project.
- Complete project authorizations for initial project set-up and revisions.
- Establish budgets for each discipline and manage budgets for internal and external resources.
- Forecast resource requirements.
- Identify scope changes and request change orders in advance of performing work.
- Set agenda for project meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- Track budgets and schedules.
- Establish communication protocol for projects.
- Ensure that coordination takes place between members of the project team.
- Ensure that deliverable meets the requirements of the proposal.
- Review and approve sub-consultant, subcontract and supplier invoices.
- Prepare client invoices and manage invoice aging.
- Prepare project status reports.
- Manage buyout; Identify and pre-qualify subcontractors, review drawings and develop work scopes, create itemized bid response forms, tabulate and descope bids.
- Manage assigned Construction Mangers/Superintendents.
- Manage subcontractors including change management.
- Prepare and maintain general conditions forecasts.
- Administration of RFIs and Submittals process.
- Communicate with township and code officials as required during the permitting process.
- Manage business relationships with key customers and support the growth of this business.
- Lead and direct the work of others.
What we are looking for?
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum 10 years of Project Management experience or relevant experience.
- Experience working in the process industrial sector; chemicals/specialty chemicals and steel and aluminum industries.
- Prior negotiating skills, presentation skills, commercial skills and long-term relationship building experience.
- Experience managing multi-discipline design teams.
- Capable of reviewing drawings and issues across a wide variety of technical disciplines; process, architectural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural.
- Ability to understand P&IDs.
- Microsoft Office Project, Word and Excel experience.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Our Latest Articles