Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager (Oil & Gas Downstream)
Why Join us?
This position is based out of our office in Houston, TX, and reports to our Vice-President, USA, Oil & Gas.
It is responsible for overall project management, project planning, scheduling, resource management, budgeting and establishing and meeting critical project objectives. Demonstrate creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving problems. Identify opportunities and manage team efforts for submittals, proposals, presentations, contract negotiation, and related activities.
The Sr. Project Manager will direct and provide project management and engineering support for capital projects (typically up to $20MM). The candidate will work closely with technical groups, operations, and maintenance personnel to identify scope, design, and execute projects.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manages multiple capital and/or expense projects that range from $0.5M to $20MM+ in total installed costs
- Leads project teams of individuals representing different areas and engineering disciplines from FEL through project completion
- Executes projects per the Client Project Management Process (PMP)
- Plans, directs, supervises, and control the execution of technical, fiscal, and administrative functions of projects under direct control
- Interfaces with engineering and construction contractors at various project stages
- Ensures all project engineering activities are implemented in a manner consistent with the client’s core values delivering superior safety, quality, schedule, and cost performance
- Participates in resolution of technical and commercial issues
- Coordinates project status and technical design reviews with key stakeholders and internal engineering resources to ensure alignment with business objectives
- Completion of project closeout documentation including as-built drawings and technical, construction, and operations handover data
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in engineering.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience working in the petrochemical or pipeline industries
- Sound knowledge of project management processes, equipment, and materials, as well as critical analytical skills are needed to effectively manage small capital projects
- Experience in managing the business and field side of the capital project process
- Working knowledge of applicable pipeline and engineering codes/standards and their application
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated problem solving skills, and decision-making skills
- Strong personal initiative, a sound planning and problem solving capacity and effective interpersonal skills
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure, and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering, and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs