Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Welcome to Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group
Become a vital member of a team that takes on some of the world's most exciting and prestigious construction challenges. When you start this role with us, you'll find everyone ready to help because we all want you to succeed. It's about recognizing everyone's contributions equally while delivering excellence together.
Flexible and remote working are central to our culture, and we want to hear what matters to you. Talk to us about what's important to you, from reduced weeks to buying more leave; how we can make reasonable adjustments for you or support your ambitions outside of work.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
As one of our Senior Project Managers for our Nottingham Office, be a part of a multi-disciplinary team, enjoying a varied workload and plenty of progression opportunities. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to grow with our team, with the potential for rapid career progression for the right candidate.
This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of public and private sector projects. The right candidate will have a broad range of experience across sectors and project complexity and value. Of particular interest is experience in the Retail/ Leisure and Commercial Office sectors – however this is desirable and not essential. Our structured training programmes will help you take charge of your career.
We are looking for a collaborative, motivated and individual to:
- Provide effective delivery of project management services regionally across the public and private sector.
- Build successful working relationships with both public and private sector clients.
- Provide support to the regional management team in the growth of the sectors regionally.
- Having leadership skills necessary to direct and manage the project team.
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Providing guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders, including effectively chairing meetings.
- Clear understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability.
- Actively broaden your experience and expertise in line with the core competencies.
- Have an up-to-date and developing knowledge of legal and technical matters relevant to the work you do, and the law of the region or country in which you practise.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Project Management toolkit.
- Managing the client relationship and service delivery on a commission or project basis in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Assisting to generate repeat business.
- Assisting to develop new business opportunities.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Awareness of the professional and commercial implications of your work.
- Contributing towards project governance and fee management activities.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
WHAT YOU CAN BRING:
- Member of a professional body (e.g. ICE, RICS or equivalent recognized institutional body.
- Experience of NEC and/or JCT contracts is essential.
- Established knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall project management techniques.
- Effective review of contracts documents including familiarity with contractual obligations, breaches and remedies.
- Good understanding and appreciation of programme and scheduling software. Forensic programming skills desirable but not essential.
- General knowledge of current legal and regulatory developments in respect of construction and associated law.
- Possess sound technical health, safety and environmental knowledge, applicable to the business and wider construction industry.
- Reliable mathematical ability and accuracy in all your work, and good standard of literacy and presentation skills.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Good awareness of the range of services provided by Faithful+Gould and Atkins.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to oversee a team on commissions/projects/programmes.
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, and will provide an excellent service to our Clients.
WHY WORK FOR FAITHFUL+GOULD?
Join us and expand your career on some of the industry's most exciting and newsworthy construction projects – from mission-critical COVID-19 facilities to the world's tallest hotel, London's Heathrow Airport, to Europe's first eco-friendly mosque. You'll enjoy invaluable exposure to international expertise as well as innovation in local niche areas.
In 2020, we took away Silver and Gold in the Construction Manager of the Year Awards; and made finalist for the Young Surveyor of the Year. So, you'll be part of a team where our standards are high, as are the rewards. And, at every career stage, you'll benefit from industry-leading programmes to help improve your skills and knowledge.
Communities are at the heart of our work. Together, our people are proud to be working towards a Net Zero Carbon future and regenerating cities across the UK. Read about more of the ways we're making a positive impact.
MEETING YOUR NEEDS:
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as fitness funding, leadership training, professional accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career. Find out more.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
MORE ABOUT US:
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading international consultancy with over 70 years of integrated project and programme management expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills and support to develop in ways that work for you. You'll be trusted to play a vital role in the organisation while making a tangible difference to the world and our future.
Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving professional membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs