Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin, is one of the world’s leading multi-disciplinary consultancy firms offering unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
- Leading multi-disciplinary project teams from across Atkins, and sub-contract partner teams in Norway, Denmark, Sweden, the UK, India, to:
- successfully manage and deliver railway, metro, tram and other infrastructure projects to the very highest standards for our clients
- lead and manage single and multi-disciplinary tenders
- effectively implement BIM, CAD, GIS and EDMS systems to integrate our services
- Oversee quality reviews of deliverables in line with company requirements.
- Engage with clients and actively sell our wide range or technical capabilities.
- Actively support recruitment activities.
- Ensure we have sufficient resources with the right skills to deliver our projects.
- Support staff development in Norway and our wider teams.
- Relevant education from College or University; minimum bachelor's level
- A minimum of 10 years experience in railway, metro or tram projects
- Excellent project management experience of multi-disciplinary railway, metro or tram projects
- Strong working knowledge of Norwegian technical standards, specifications, guidelines and requirements of railway, metro and tram projects
- A good working knowledge of engineering management functions; ideally able to undertake this role on projects where required
- A good level of knowledge of CAD / BIM / GIS / EDMS systems and tools to support project delivery – ideally across disciplines based in multiple offices
- Knowledge of NS8401/8402 or equivalent
- Demonstrable evidence of leading multi-disciplinary bids and tenders, ideally with teams based in different countries
- Highly collaborative with strong communication skills and an ability to work across geographically and organisationally separate teams
- Performance driven and customer focussed
- A desire to drive the industry into the digital future
- Ideal candidate should be fluent in Norwegian language
- Provide excellent project management services for our projects with teams based across Scandinavia, the UK, India, the United States and Canada
- Lead and / or support large multi-disciplinary tenders
- Undertake the role of engineering manager on occasion
- Grow and lead a team with a reputation for technical excellence and ability to flexibly respond to business needs
- Drive best practice, knowledge sharing, and process standardisation / optimisation
- Support resource demand forecasts in collaboration with colleagues
- Win work through maximising additional / repeat / follow-on work from clients
- Drive innovation in service offerings
- Spot opportunities and foster client relationships
- Ensure adherence to corporate governance and management systems
- A reputation for project management excellence, delivery and providing an open and supportive working environment focussed upon health, safety and team wellbeing
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is reliable, proactive and innovative
- Able to build and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities
- A self-starter with a high expectation of performance for themselves and other members of the team, coupled with a drive for continuous improvement
- Able to keep calm under pressure within demanding project environments
- Collaborative, customer focused and an excellent team player
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Able to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build relationships with both clients and our teams
- Sound business judgement with a demonstrated knowledge of identifying value creation
- A supportive and encouraging approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team, combined with a passion for staff development
Available to travel across Scandinavia and the UK if required (potential for short term overseas assignments also)
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs