Senior Project Manager
Connect Plus Services (CPS) is a joint venture contract made up of Balfour Beatty Civil Engineering, Atkins and Egis. The contract maintains and operates the M25 DBFO including surrounding roads on behalf of the Highways Agency and provides an excellent opportunity to work on one of the busiest networks in Europe.
The Structures Asset comprises over 2400 individual highway structures ranging from small span structures to the QEII Bridge at the Dartford River Crossing.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team that manages and improves one of the busiest motorways in Europe - the M25.
We are currently looking for Senior Project manager to join us.
Key responsibilities / duties:
To operate in the capacity of the Portfolio Manager in their absence
· Portfolio management
· Template and global programme and update processes and procedures
· Global or master programme maintenance for whole portfolios
· Portfolio income and cost profiles, overseeing and challenging the Project Managers input
· Client liaison on a project and portfolio level
· Chairing and driving regular (fortnightly) project reviews to ensure the following are current and live:
- Project and division risk register
- Project risk category (on financial spreadsheet)
- Review submissions register
- Review of AWN Correspondence Register progress comments and milestone dates
- Project income and cost forecast (review of PM profiles)
- Project change
- Project priorities (for resource allocation)
· Project change control and reviewing processes and procedure
· Review submissions and reviewing processes and procedure
· Allocation of projects to PMs based on appropriate knowledge, experience, ability and capability (work load)
Working arrangements (shift work, need for travel etc)
· Ability and willingness to travel to other offices and depots on the network as and when required
· Periodic requirement for site visits (night shift)
Experience in the delivery of highways construction & maintenance operations or similar transferable experience
Project Management skills, preferably supported by recognised PM qualification, PRINCE2, APMP etc.
Preference of minimum HNC / HND (or equivalent) in a civil engineering or other construction based discipline
Understanding of H&S Requirements related to highway construction & maintenance works
Knowledge of CDM and other H&S legislation
Competent in exercising the duties under CDM
Applicable CSCS Card
Team leadership and management experience in driving performance and productivity
Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
Strong customer focus with a service delivery mindset
Commercial understanding and budgetary control experience
Understanding of Lean principles
Proactive problem solving
Excellent communication skills
Strong safety management culture
Self aware and adaptable style to meet varying project needs
Team building skills.
Ability to prioritise and self manage
Ability to develop relationships and engender trustExperienceExperience at a senior level in the delivery of highways construction & maintenance operations or similar transferable experiencePrevious experience in a similar role with demonstrable competence in relation to the majority of responsibilities aboveExperience of managing projects through complete lifecycle
· Broad knowledge and understanding of other design areas
· Understanding of Environmental requirements of schemes
· Experience of coordinating interfaces with design teams and external resources
Our Latest Articles