Senior Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Manager - Healthcare with a experience in the management of large scale projects in the Middle East.
Faithful+Gould is a hands-on project delivery organisation that has moulded its business to respond to the demands of the nations in which it operates. In doing so, we actively seek to employ staff who possess strong pro-active management skills which enables them to understand the entire delivery process from site acquisition through to feasibility, design, construction, sales and occupancy phases. Our end-to-end project delivery solution is focused on best maximising project outcomes while minimising project risk for our Clients
You will be required to provide the senior management input into all construction related matters and be fully responsible for the successful delivery of services for the engagement(s) assigned to you. You will be required to act as the single focal point of contact between the Client and the internal and external delivery team members, possibly across multiple packages, to ensure that the desired project objectives are delivered.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, active in the Middle East for over 20+ years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Further, you are expected to conduct yourself in line with the core values of the business and lead by example in maintaining the company culture:
- Winning Attitude
- Customer Driven
- Meet the Challenge
- Team Player
- This is a senior position that requires professional ability and inherent motivation. You will have the skills required to direct meetings, introduce discussion to encourage thinking on the wider commercial context and be responsible for the tasks assigned to members of your project team. You are willing and able to perform duties diligently to the quality standards set by the Company and conform to the Company’s policies and business systems and be committed to their implementation and continuous improvement at all times.
- Your experience, guidance and knowledge should place you as a Senior Project Management subject matter expert in providing significant benefit to the project delivery team and Client.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a construction related discipline
- 10 years post qualification experience in Project Management
- Minimum last 5 years as a Senior PM or Project Director
- Must have worked on large healthcare/hospital projects as a PM from inception to completion.
- 360 Project Management experience with a leading PMC
- Middle East experience preferred but not essential
• Monitor, review and ultimately take responsibility for the content of the project master programme. Ensure the structure of the master programme is in line with the envisaged or agreed project WBS and provide strategic guidance to the schedule formulation.
• Monitor and oversee progress status updates of the master programme and where necessary liaise with project stakeholders to lead delay mitigation strategies and improvement initiatives.
• Monitor and ensure the contract programme under the construction contracts is in place, fully reviewed and approved by the necessary project stakeholders and that all revisions and or progress updates are thoroughly reviewed and accepted.
• Take an active and leading role in the control of ‘time’ on the project, ensuring a protocol and full review of early warnings is in place, and generally ensure a project structure, and personal ownership of changes, is implemented.
• Manage the relationships between all project stakeholders to facilitate effective communications and outcomes
• Manage the design team and site delivery team performance of delegated responsibilities
• Establish an effective and universal strategy to address major issues that may arise with the site delivery team
• Ensure the supervision team and site delivery team receives the necessary stakeholder decisions in a timely fashion
• Establish a mechanism to ensure collaborative problem solving with the site delivery team, which will involve regular dialogue with contractors, team working and risk-sharing
• Chair and lead progress meetings with the contractor and supervision consultant to pro-actively manage the project and mitigate any delivery issues prior to it impacting delivery.
• Monitor the delivery of Contract Administration services by others, and ensure such is protecting the Client as far as possible. Pro-actively monitor this service to ensure active claims protection and management is in place through the issue of contractual correspondence and record maintenance.
• Invest in sound people management principles to ensure that the team of staff, contractors and other partners works well and provides a supportive environment for the achievement of project and individual objectives
• Uphold the values of the Company through your actions and assist to enforce Company standards at all times
• Demonstrate clear leadership
• Manage the welfare and motivation of all company direct reports, providing leadership, guidance and encouragement
• Mentor and guide direct reporting staff to grow, improve, develop and together with Senior Management set clear career and role objectives.
• Plan for and undertake annual performance reviews in line with company processes.
• As a senior team member for the company assigned to the project you will have responsibility to manage and facilitate a pro-active and positive relationship with the Client.
• Lead the process of Client engagement, through regular meetings, presentations and discussions during the project delivery. Be comfortable leading such scenarios and exhibit exemplar communication skills, representing the company well and in a professional manner in all cases.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with client representatives, consultants, contractors and other project stakeholders
• Receive and review detailed reports on the project from the design and site delivery team
• Establish formal reporting arrangements on project progress for the Client and Company
• Maintain up-to-date project skite sheets and resumes for the project team for use by the
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants