Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Why join us?
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine Hitachi ABB Power Grids deep technological knowledge and SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offering for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and delivering the highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects. As a leading engineering company, we help our customers with turnkey substation solutions in the field of power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of a new company as it evolves and help shape it for the future. If you like new challenges, have an entrepreneurial spirit and are interested in working with other motivated professionals with expertise in the Substations EPC business, then this is the new opportunity for you.
To know more about the Linxon please click on the link below.
Purpose of the Job:
Senior Project Manager takes full responsibility of the Projects P&L and the successful and safe execution of a group of Linxon projects to budget and program.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
HSE and Quality –
- Ensures Safety, Health and Environmental requirements are implemented to the highest standards and are aligned to local legislation, Linxon’s, and our customers, governance/requirements.
- Embrace and promote a “Work Safe, Home Safe, Zero Harm” safety culture within project teams. Ensure project compliance with Linxon’s business management systems aligned to UK HSG65.
- Manage project team members and provide support and guidance to ensure the safe, efficient and timely execution of project scope in line with budget.
- Ensure positive engagement of all stakeholders and facilitate clear and concise communication channels both within Linxon and with our customers.
- Support the tendering team (when appropriate) and provide project management direction in the order pursuit process (helping to develop capture and execute strategy) - achieve clarity of expectation throughout the demand and supply chain.
Project lifecycle –
- Secures required resources and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes.
- Effectively manage changes in the scope (and the associated commercial aspects) driven by client, internally or the supply chain to maximize Linxon’s contractual position.
- Ensure all procedures and processes are rigorously adhered to.
- Review all project programmes to ensure milestone delivery is maintained.
- Produce and update all internal and contractual reporting in line with Linxon requirements.
Stakeholder Management –
- Acts as the senior customer interface for allocated projects, ensuring the voice of the customer is heard and customer expectations are exceeded.
- Manages all subcontractor administration, commercial, programme, change.
- Recognize customer requirements and manage their expectations at all times to ensure customer satisfaction at point of delivery/enquiry.
Risk Management –
- Manages risks to avoid project delays, cost variances or reputational damage.
- Opportunity management, both towards customers and the contracted supply chain partners / sub-contractors.
- Ensure robust commercial and financial forecasting and status, risks and opportunity of all projects is robust and accurately reported including cash flow forecasting.
Budget responsibility: Responsible over the full P&L of the Project.
Typical KPIs –
- Health, Safety & environment.
- Quality of work.
- Effectiveness and sustainability of advice provided.
- On target delivery of objectives.
- Customer satisfaction - management, employees, customers.
- Alignment with company business strategy.
- Effective synergies.
Other Position-Specific Characteristics:
- Travel within the USA (as per the project requirements).
- Spend substantial amount of time on the construction site (During Construction Phase).
What will you contribute?
Experience required -
- Experience in EPC (Engineering, Procurement, Construction). Electrical transmission projects experience preferred, including Civil Construction.
- Experience in risk mitigation & opportunity management.
- Demonstrable knowledge/experience of project management principles.
- Experience of developing, leading and motivating a multi-disciplinary project team
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Competencies/ Skills Required –
- Hands-on, demonstrate experience delivering complex projects in an EPC environment (applied to Electrical transmission).
- Business mindset in order to reach project and business goals.
- Strong leadership and negotiating skills with an excellent ability to resolve issues, lead teams and work constructively to build positive customer relationships.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to develop and manage effective processes
- Strong problem solving, and analytical skills combined with ability to deliver practical, effective and sustainable solutions in a continuously changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with staff at all levels, ability to get communicate in a coherent and clear way, leading project teams with confidence.
- Ability to take initiative and apply both creativity and perseverance whilst remaining compliant with of Linxon’s Code of Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or higher
- Project Management Certification, or a PMP certification is not mandatory but preferred.
- Computer literacy – Minimum Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Personal Qualities Required –
- Resilient and flexible achiever.
- Driven by value added and business sustainability.
- Calm under pressure in a constantly changing environment.
- Assertive, decisive, confident.
- Excellent listener.
- Proactive and self-disciplined.
- Leading by example, with strong values.
- Team player.
- Passionate to succeed.
- Willingness to learn.
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now.
At Linxon, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds, and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion, or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Linxon, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs