Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Why join us?
SNC Lavalin Inc., EDPM Division, is currently delivering or actively pursuing the delivery of engineering of large-scale infrastructure projects in Western Canada and across Canada. SNC Lavalin Inc. is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager to join the team and be part of our exciting and challenging projects
This position is based out of our office in Vancouver or Burnaby and reports to Director of Major Project Management/Delivery. It is responsible for directing and managing an engineering team comprising various disciplines and partners to deliver engineering services for large scale infrastructure projects (rail, roadway, port).
How will you contribute to the team?
- Assist proposal team to deliver a successful proposal, and organize the set-up for the engineering delivery team, including a technical, management and commercial team
- Plan, in collaboration with the project management team, start up and lead design activities within the framework of a major project in heavy civil works whose construction costs amounts several hundreds of millions of dollars
- Actively participate in setting up a project execution plan, design management plan, a project schedule in collaboration with the project management team and the planning team
- Establish overall budget for the consortium responsible for engineering and ensure compliance by the consortium management team and the various partners
- Lead activities related to the preparation of financial reports required by SNC corporate policies
- Establish quality standards in collaboration with the various teams in place within the design team consortium and from partners, ensuring that they meet SNC-Lavalin standards
- Establish and follow risks in design as well as requirements management and compliance to contractual terms of the contract
- Ensure fluid communication between project management team, design team, construction team and various internal and external stakeholders regarding the elements relating to engineering
- Actively participate in the implementation of project management processes such as change management
- Actively participate in negotiations with client during changes and with suppliers and / or subcontractors when awarding subcontracts
- Accountable for the complete delivery of SNC Lavalin services, including maintaining the overall project budget, schedule and contractual obligations
What will you contribute?
- 15+ years of experience in engineering, including 5+ years in infrastructure projects
- 10+ years in a leading project management position leading design teams for complex projects of several hundreds of millions of dollars
- University Degree in an Engineering discipline and PMP certification
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team in a Lump-Sum alternative delivery PPP or DB type
- Experience working on construction projects valued at $500m and above
- Experience in delivering engineering under different partnership relations; ie. Joint-Venture, Prime-Sub
- Demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and management of project management processes
- Demonstrated experience in multidisciplinary leadership and management of a team of professionals
- Ability to work in concert with integrated teams of consultants and subcontractors, located across Canada
- Results oriented mindset and ability to manage multiple priorities as well as use feedback processes to identify improvement opportunities and innovative solutions,
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment and ability to set up strong and efficient work teams.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication as well as in the development and delivery of presentations to Client, Company executives, specialized and non-specialist audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills,
- Demonstrate initiative, autonomy and an ability to work with limited supervision,
- Available for business trips or temporary relocations within North America
- This position can be based out of Vancouver, Burnaby, Toronto, or Calgary
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
You think that a career in our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com