Senior Project Manager -Manufacturing Construction
Senior Project Manager -Manufacturing Construction
Our New York Team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least 10 years of experience as a Construction Project Manager on large manufacturing construction projects that includes Microprocessor experience, we would like to connect with you. This position provides project construction observation and documentation activities, monitoring contractors' substantial compliance with contract, plans, specifications, and special provisions and determining project quality, cost, and adherence to established completion schedule. Performs non-manual field work that involves a combination of conventional and complex features, requiring the application of sound and diversified professional knowledge in board areas of assignments, usually including the coordination of various projects focus and control on all items related to the projects which include cost control, vendor /sub management, and high level of communication with identified stakeholders. This position will be located at our client site- global leader in silicon carbide (SiC) technology, near Syracuse, NY. This is an immediate full-time internal Faithful+Gould position with robust benefits. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractor's activities and are not responsible for job site safety
• Responsible for timely completion of assigned projects and client satisfaction.
• Plans and analyses assigned projects, establishes schedules and project parameters and sets procedures to accomplish system objectives, involving complex contracting applications.
• Supervises the preparation of plans and specifications for the design/installation of solutions in buildings.
• Communicates with confidence and certainty with Clients, vendors and subs.
• Examines and reviews contracts and estimates by performing risk analysis and developing risk plans.
• Ensures compliance with contracting processes.
• Establishes fulfilment budget for assigned projects by revising the original estimate based on validated project scope.
• Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the forecasted cost at completion.
• Controls expenses by monitoring assigned project budget.
• Creates and makes revisions to project schedules including: generating tasks, estimates, dependencies; milestones, CPM Analysis; and Histogram Analysis.
• Oversees the following: preparation of material and vendor orders; recording the receipt of materials and approving payments.
• Prepares sub-contractor request for quotation’s (RFQ) including: scope statements; plans and milestone dates; specs; bonding requirements; and billing schedule of values.
• Receives and qualifies subcontractor proposals; supervises work of project assigned staff, subcontractors and installers.
• Generates technician work orders: reviews plan; reviews progress; and prioritizes tasks.
• Meets with contractors to discuss scope of project; budgets; performance; and close-out.
• Responsible for change order management by recommending solutions, facilitating quotes and closing orders.
• Maintains client satisfaction by investigating concerns, implementing corrective action, and communicating accordingly.
• Establishes a professional relationship with the client and interfaces constantly to maintain accurate status reports and project reviews.
• Obtains acceptance and timely sign-off of the project by the client.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management, or related field experience (8 more years’ experience in place of a Degree)
• At least 10 years of Experience as a construction Project manager with Microprocessor manufacturing projects is required.
• Understanding of construction trade software such as Prolog, Primavera, Bluebeam and Microsoft Office
• Must possess a thorough understanding of Project Management, Building Design & Construction, Critical Path Method (CPM) Scheduling, Building Cost Modelling and Risk Analysis.
• Must understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office Suite
• Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• competitive salary
• broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• generous time-off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• career development opportunities through our corporate university
• highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
• valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles