Senior Project Manager - Rail Infrastructure
SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit is expanding its Infrastructure Projects division within the group’s portfolio. Providing Project and Construction Management consultancy services the department can also be combined with Overhead Line Electrification, Civil & Structural Engineering, and Permanent Way & Survey design support. This ‘holistic’ structure has led SNC-Lavalin becoming a market leader within the industry. SNC-Lavalin recognizes the importance of Quality and Professionalism and strives not only to achieve but often exceed the requirements of our Clients.
We are seeking an ambitious, focused and determined individual to control a range of Rail Infrastructure projects, ranging from small, medium and large in scale, as well as offering strategic support to Assistant Project Managers and Graduates within the team. The Project Manager will manage the strategic aspects of any applicable assignments and apply principles of risk management in order to mitigate the impact of identified risks.
Ensuring that the key project milestones are mapped out and achieved to meet contractual obligations. They will also keep a tight control on the costs associated to the project, ensuring they are delivered within budget whilst maintaining the integrity of the output quality.
The Project Manager will act on behalf of the client to manage external sub-contractors, ensuring work is undertaken and delivered effectively and productively. They will also be responsible for managing our own internal design resources, ensuring SNC-Lavalin’s quality of work is maintained and balanced against the client’s own requirements.
To be considered for the role, you will;
- Possess an excellent contract / commercial management experience, particularly related to NEC.
- Have a good understanding of Construction Health & Safety.
- Have in-depth experience within the Rail industry, delivering complex infrastructure projects.
- Have a working knowledge of Network Rail possession planning.
- Be a member of APM or capable of working towards MAPM qualified status
- Have an understanding of working within an Engineering Consulting business.
- Reinforce a team approach throughout the practice, both on client projects and internal initiatives.
- Support and solicit input from team members at all levels within the organization.
- Hold a valid PTS and CSCS accreditations.
We offer a professional but nurturing environment for you to better develop in your career whilst exposing you to a wide variety of Rail Infrastructure projects. We also offer competitive salaries, enhanced pension contributions, 33 days annual leave (including Bank Holidays), private medical and dental insurance, gym membership subsidies, flexible working hours and a host of other benefits supporting a range of lifestyles.
Our Latest Articles