Senior Proposal Coordinator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all else, and we empower our people to grow and learn. Join us, as we work to become the world’s most sought-after engineering and construction firm.
Reporting to the Director, Bids & Proposals, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the preparation, assembly and submission of proposals and related documentation necessary to bring new projects to SNC-Lavalin.
Support the Bid Leads to produce winning, professional, competitive proposals for SNC-Lavalin’s Nuclear Sector. To perform this role successfully, the Senior Proposal Coordinator will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- For each pursuit, and under the direction of the assigned bid lead, understand the submission requirements
- Supporting the Bid Lead, coordinate the planning, development and production of proposals
- Support the bid leads to establish proposal schedules, assignment matrices, compliance matrices, and proposal templates
- Support proposal kick-off meetings
- Schedule and facilitate ongoing proposal coordination meetings
- Co-ordinate development of text, fees, and other necessary materials from both internal staff and sub-consultants as applicable
- Communicate verbally and in writing with proposal participants to track tasks against the schedule
- Monitor progress of the proposal process with timely follow-up to ensure internal proposal deadlines are being met
- Formatting, spelling/grammar checking, copying, binding and transportation of proposals
- Identify/escalate issues that may impact the proposal’s schedule or quality
- Support efforts to monitor our submissions against proposal best practices and industry standards
- Lead end-to-end process and proposal development for smaller scale proposals
- Support clarifications and post-bid submission requirements
- Support the development of capability statements, case studies and standard material (graphics, org charts, etc.) for use in proposals, qualification submittals, etc.
- Maintain proposal content library
- Contribute to lessons learned and internal debrief of proposals meetings
- Follow established SNC-Lavalin proposal policies and guidelines
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in proposals (preferable in a technical/consulting environment)
- Expert MS Office skills and InDesign
- Experience with MS SharePoint an asset
- Superior writing and editing skills in the English language
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time
- Comfort in communicating with and working with individuals at all levels of an organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very detail-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure
- Experience working towards firm deadlines
- Results-oriented with an extremely high work ethic, stringent quality standards, and can-do attitude
- Stay abreast of proposal management best practices (APMP). Completion of or desire to complete APMP foundation exam.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences