Senior Public Information Specialist
Senior Public Information Specialist
Sr Public Information Specialist
Why join us?
Manages public outreach teams on conventional and unconventional projects. Coordinates, plans, organizes, and directs public outreach efforts and programs for a client or a business unit of the firm. May supervise, and functions as a mentor to, less experienced professionals to assist in their professional training and development.
Atkins is currently seeking a Sr Public Information Specialist to join our Public Outreach Group in our Atlanta, GA office.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manages the public outreach efforts of major projects.
- Coordinates staff and subconsultants to ensure project office operates according to the contract with client.
- Identifies public outreach project goals and makes recommendations to the client of the best means to address the needs.
- Manages direct relationship with the client regarding public outreach.
- Coordinates and participates in government briefings and project presentations to external groups.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, monitors all public outreach expenses for the project.
- Organizes/manages project information files and coordinates the interchange of project outreach information with the client and among project team members.
- Produces and coordinates project publications, brochures, newsletters, web information and materials, social media; meets with the client to determine key messages and themes.
- Develops and implements individual project strategies, and/or, Public Outreach Plans in coordination with the client.
- Produces and distributes daily, weekly and monthly reports on public outreach efforts.
- May supervise the work of support staff and less experienced professionals, as assigned.
- Performs such other duties determined necessary by the supervisor.
- Analyzes project area demographics to determine best outreach approaches.
- Coordinates stakeholder and public meetings, hearings, and other small group meetings.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, English, or related field from an accredited four-year college or university. Five or more years of professional related experience involving public relations, public outreach and other related areas. Knowledge of public relations and public involvement techniques and strategies; knowledge of media relations strategies.
- ability to write and oversee the design of promotional and informational materials
- ability to establish effective working relationships with the media, employees, managers, citizens, appointed and elected officials
- ability to work in a team environment and to work independently
- ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; ability to make persuasive public presentations
- ability to listen and respond to citizens and other customers on a variety of issues. Computer proficiency is required.
- Knowledge of graphics, publishing, GIS, web, social media software/techniques helpful.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs