Senior QA Engineer Energy
Senior QA Engineer Energy
Senior QA Engineer
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Sr QA Engineer is an integral part of our Nuclear team who is responsible for providing support for the development and approval of quality-related procedures and plans. This position is based out of our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provides support, as requested, for the development, review, revision and approval of quality-related procedures and plans aimed at ensuring high quality products and services for EnergySolutions customers.
- Ensures project plans are properly executed and evaluates the effectiveness of controls delineated in these plans.
- Verifies that all required quality sampling, testing and documentation are performed/completed correctly and in accordance with approved project plans.
- Assists in maintaining corrective action program and maintenance of tracking database
- Reviews engineering designs and design changes for compliance with applicable procedures and plans.
- Serves as a QA representative in project design reviews.
- Supports management and staff with QA services, as requested (e. g., root cause analyses and critiques).
- Ensures engineering and technical staff understand quality requirements and how these requirements apply to their work.
- Ensures required testing and observations are performed correctly and at the required frequency.
- Helps line managers and project managers develop, revise, process and evaluate documents for compliance with QA requirements.
- Performs independent QA assessments/audits and surveillances of processes and procedures.
- Maintains knowledge/qualifications on quality methods and techniques.
- Conducts apparent cause analyses, root cause analyses and corrective action verification/validation.
- Performs supplier evaluations as a team member or lead.
- Performs on-site QA overview activities at various supplier locations and travels between facilities as necessary.
- Develops supplier performance metrics and tracks supplier corrective actions.
- Oversees procurement, fabrication, testing and final document review and release for material shipments. Provides support to, and monitors the quality of, construction activities.
- Develops and provides training on QA-related topics and assists in the resolution of quality-related problems.
- Supports the execution of Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS)guiding principles and core functions and the Isotek Safety Culture.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s Degree required in a technical field (e.g., engineering or a scientific discipline) or 2-8 years of experience
- A minimum of 5 years of job-related experience, three years in quality assurance, and one year in nuclear
- Certification as a Lead Auditor per NQA-1 is preferred
- U.S. Citizenship required for Isotek Systems, LLC, project positions.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in communicating with fabricators, and project management personnel
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong time management/organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a team player attitude
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Detailed knowledge ofNQA-1 and DOE 0 414.1D regulations and directives
- Working knowledge of assessment/ auditing practices
- Working knowledge of causal analysis techniques
- Working knowledge of radioactive and/or hazardous material management
- Working knowledge of DOE and NRC processes for Integrated Safety Management Systems, nuclear safety, radiation safety and environmental compliance
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs