Senior Quantity Surveyor/Cost Manager- Residential
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a world leading construction consultancy, with a great reputation for delivering a variety of cost, project and asset management consultancy services to a diverse client range. We place great emphasis on staff training and development which allows us to provide an unrivalled level of service. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure great career experience and opportunities are provided for you to take advantage of.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
We are currently working on a large number of residential led mixed use and stand alone schemes in London & the South East, with some of the sector’s leading developers.
Due to the growth and current opportunities that exist in London & the South East, we are currently looking to recruit a Senior Surveyor level, Cost Manager from a Quantity Surveying background with significant experience in residential schemes.
- Expressly, an appropriate amount of high-quality experience required in the residential sector, having worked on all aspects of quantity surveying/cost management in these sectors
- BSc in Quantity Surveying ideally Chartered or ‘learnt by experience’. Ideally RICS APC + 2 years and above.
- Numerically accurate
- Familiarity with complex new build office developments.
- Effective and efficient in the preparation of feasibility and pre-contract estimates
- Effective and efficient transition of pre-contract through to post contract advice
- Productive supervision of support team including adequate planning, monitoring and control
- Client interface level of responsibility on a project basis
- Effective and efficient knowledge of a range of project procurement options
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on own initiative in a client facing role
- Ability to advise clients on strategic matters, key cost drivers, project costs and added value
- Knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs
- Experienced in client, consultant & contractor facing roles and working as a member of a busy team. Used to working to tight and ever-changing deadlines
- Understanding of London market would be considered advantageous
- Internal commercial management of projects
- Full quantity surveying and cost management duties
- Provision of pre contract feasibility and viability advice
- To ensure the highest quality service delivery to clients
- To provide high quality cost advice on complex projects
- Guidance, care and mentoring of supporting staff
- Develop client relationships and support the growth of the residential property team by seeking opportunities with new clients
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide & endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould is accredited Investors In People.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.