Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s largest project and cost management consultancies, employing over 2000 staff, with a turnover in excess of £70 million and an expanding office base in the Asia Pacific region, Continental Europe, the UK and USA.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor in our Cambridge Office to focus on our Higher and Further Education clients, including University of Cambridge Colleges and the Estates Division.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right candidate to build on the success of the current team and to help take forward a market-leading cost management business in the Eastern Region.
We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to:
- Lead and manage commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Take a hands-on approach to manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with Faithful+Gould’s project management, health & safety and building surveying teams in project delivery
- Take the lead, set the pace and monitor all work executed at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients.
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities.
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Managing assistant and graduate colleagues, including undertaking performance and development reviews and mentoring/coaching less experienced colleagues.
- Work within a team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying/Employer’s Agent duties from project inception through to completion.
- Supporting the client’s procurement strategies, including Construction Management.
- Site presence as required by specific project deliverables
- Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents.
- Provide post contract Quantity Surveying/Employer’s Agent services.
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/clients.
- Assist in the mentoring and development of junior staff.
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
- Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management.
- Qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
- Chartered member of the RICS (or equivalent).
- Hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
- Extensive experience with both private and public sector clients on major projects and a working knowledge of NEC forms of contract.
- Commercially aware, work well as part of a team and demonstrate people management skills to support and mentor where required.
- Experience across all bands in the Education sector, particularly Higher and Further.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively (both internally and with clients), and a willingness and determination to progress your career quickly.
- The necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional service.
- IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software e.g. Cost-X.
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member.
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
- Full driving license (desirable).
Our success is built on hiring and then developing the very best people. Our standards are high, as are the rewards for those who join our team. The opportunity to draw from our wider international expertise and work on some of the most demanding and prestigious construction challenges around the globe ensures your career success.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefitsm
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs