Senior Quantity Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our service offering within the cost management team. The Cardiff team has a strong client base, both in the public and private sectors, with significant opportunities to expand their cost management services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to joining a Global company and working in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you with a competitive remuneration package and provide the necessary support and training to take your career to the next level.
The successful applicant will have a right first-time approach to their work showing attention to detail and be able to manage their own work load with minimal supervision.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work within a team and provide a range of Quantity Surveying duties from project inception through to completion.
- Prepare Cost Plans/Estimates/Bills of Quantities/Tender Documents.
- Prepare data and reports to timescales in a format required by line management/client.
- Assist in mentoring and development of junior staff.
- Work collaboratively with other service teams to provide an integrated approach to client delivery.
- Managing client relationships and service delivery on a project basis, in conjunction with senior management.
- You shall hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
- Qualified with a B.Sc. (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
- Chartered member of the RICS.
- Extensive experience with both private and public sector clients and a working knowledge of JCT and NEC forms of contract.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and demonstrate the people management skills to support and mentor where required.
- A knowledge and understanding of the component parts of a project and overall construction costs coupled with a competent knowledge of a range of project procurement options.
- Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively (both internally and with Clients), and a willingness and determination to progress your career quickly.
- You will have the necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional service.
- IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software, for example, CostX.
- Comprehensive organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member.
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised as necessary.
Rewards and benefits:
F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.