Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Are you ready to take up a vital role in shaping some of our exciting projects? How about joining our talented team, where everyone has a voice, and together we face our clients' problems head-on. It's a diverse and inclusive work environment where world-class talent knows no distinctions.
We know that different people have different priorities, which is why we're here to support you. Flexible and remote working is a central part of our culture. So, talk to us about what's ideal for you – from reduced weeks to buying more leave over school holidays. And if you're returning from a career break, ask us how we can help you transition back into work with us.
Atkins has one of the Rail industry’s largest signalling engineering teams. You will be joining Atkin’s Signalling Engineering Directorate with a team of over 100 professional signalling design, project engineers and engineering managers. This together with Atkins broader cross discipline capability means engineers have an unrivalled collective knowledge to tap into and learn from.
- Operate strategies to maximise project revenues and cash flow in Atkins favour
- Ensure timely submission of all contractual notices and supporting data including robust payment applications
- Lead the Change Control Process and seek early resolution of contract changes
- Prepare, submit and agree interim valuations
- Prepare, submit and agree Final account submissions
- Assist Commercial Manager and Project Manager with advice and contractual support for project issues
- Liaise with project support functions such as finance, supply chain, risk and so on to ensure compliance with the company’s procedures and instructions, including all periodic reporting functions and GRN etc.
- Maintain adequate records in respect of project issues and commercial processes
- Support Project Cost Control Management ensuring variances between planned budget expenditure and incurred costs are identified and appropriate action taken to minimise costs and liabilities
- Internal and external commercial periodic reporting
- Manage subcontract procurement and accounts
- Ensure insurance issues are managed in accordance with procedures
- Degree qualification with Chartered status or studying towards (RICS or equivalent).
- Demonstrate a proven track record in quantity surveying / commercial management with significant experience in a senior role.
- Competent in basic computer skills
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to time-manage, set priorities and work to strict deadlines
- Methodical style of working
- Sound knowledge of contracts
- Awareness of industry issues
- Good health and safety awareness
- Experience in a Contracting QS role
- Experience of Design and Build Contracts
- Experience of Target Cost contracts
- IOSH managing Safely
- Ensure compliance with the Company systems, processes and procedures
- Assist in endeavouring to ensure that all contemporary records are kept by the project team members for use in supporting claims, extensions of time, and the evaluation of variations
- Collate and file all contemporary records
- Assist in the bid and tender process and feed in as required
- Assist in providing commercial and financial feed-back to the Estimators
- Support the commercial team in ensuring cost capture processes are complied with.
- Maintain professional working relationships at all times
- Assist in providing all cost/commercial information required under the Contract(s) (Reporting, Cashflows and Forecasts, etc.) as directed
- Assist in collating all information required to generate applications for payment
- Assist in submitting with each application for payment final anticipated Client outturn costs as directed
- Assist in submitting in a timely manner Change Requests, with price and programme effects, for subsequent agreement as directed
- Assist in the commercial management of the Subcontract Accounts
- Appreciation of the Company Bid Governance process
- Promote a team-working environment
- Promote the Company safety culture
- Strong desire to further Client relationships whilst ensuring that contractual entitlements are not compromised
- Team player
- Determination to develop and coach junior members of the commercial team
- Motivation and desire to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Act as Mentor to Assistant and Trainee Level Roles.
- Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
- We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
Why work for Atkins?
Our Transportation teams are reinventing transport for a challenging yet exciting future. We're creating new ideas and smart solutions for cities, people and the environment. You'll be working alongside some of the top people in our industry, solving challenges that bring together traditional engineering and new technologies. As part of our organisation, you'll be in a privileged position, delivering what's right for governments and communities. You'll be helping us to improve our leading environmental performance while enabling others to do the same.
Meeting your needs
To help you get the most out of life in and outside of work, we offer employees "Total Reward." It's a package that can be tailored to your changing lifestyle, career and personal needs. You'll enjoy benefits such as partner discounts, leadership training, professional, accreditations, and career planning for any stage of your career.
Making sure you're supported is important to us. So, if you identify as having a disability, tell us ahead of your interview. And let's talk through any adjustments you might need.
More about us
Atkins, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is a leading global consultancy with over 80 years of design and engineering expertise. With us, you'll be surrounded by the skills, knowledge and support to help you succeed. Together, we can deliver projects which have a positive, sustainable impact on the world.
Atkins, ranked as one of LinkedIn’s Top 25 Companies, where UK professionals want to work and stay once, they join.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs