Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of progression. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and assessment of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
We’re looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our successful Commercial Services / Property team in Stockton-on-Tees. The Stockton-on-Tees Office has a portfolio of private and public sector clients and is at the forefront of our national delivery to the property sector, with a high profile and strong reputation for delivering high quality services. Our focus is on the provision of pre and post contract commercial services to client organisations within both the UK and overseas from feasibility estimates, through procurement to construction. You will be able to demonstrate a broad range of commercial experience gained in the property sector and be able to work on your own initiative within multi-disciplinary teams.
Your wide experience in providing commercial construction services to the property industry will help us to continue to deliver a premium service to our clients, help maintain successful client relationships and secure new business in this sector.
- Developing and maintaining our reputation through developing business opportunities
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to our clients, acting as primary interface to help build client confidence
- Act as the lead for commercial services multi-disciplinary teams and reviewing and reporting on all aspects of project within our portfolio
- You will be responsible for providing effective and efficient administration of project accounts and the management of internal job costings in relation to the fee and services and resource requirements
- Able to work independently within a multidisciplinary team across various locations
- You will be responsible for writing, editing and preparing client reports as well as reviewing commercial situation and advising the client accordingly.
- Member of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (or equivalent)
- Extensive experience in preparing estimates for property related projects
- Experience in preparing tender and contract documentation
- Experience of successfully interfacing with clients at senior level
- Good communication skills with ability to prepare and edit written reports
- Good presentation skills with ability to advise senior representatives of client organisations on key issues
- A practical understanding of construction risk and commercial management
- A sound technical quantity surveying knowledge demonstrating established experience and ability
- Experience of managing project commercial teams and supporting other colleagues
- Able to demonstrate effective and efficient post-contract administration
- Knowledge and understanding of the key commercial issues relating to works delivered in the private sector
- Experience of infrastructure works would also be beneficial
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs