Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies, employing over 2000 staff, with a turnover in excess of £70 million, operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we are dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Quantity Surveyor in our Tunbridge Wells Office to focus on our Residential and Public Sector clients. Our projects range in value up to £50m+ and include a good mix of new build and extensions/refurbishments of residential developments and public assets including leisure centres, care and education facilities.
This is an incredible opportunity for someone who is looking for their next challenge and brings with them a level of technical expertise and leadership to share with others. You will work alongside some of our most talented individuals in a growing and sociable team and to help take forward a market-leading cost management business in the London and South East Region. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support, high degree of flexibility and the opportunity to further develop your career.
We are looking for a collaborative and sharp minded Senior Quantity Surveyor to:
- Lead and provide effective delivery of Quantity Surveying services throughout all stages of the project lifecycle.
- Lead or support other team members on complex multi-faceted projects.
- Take a hands-on approach to manage the client relationship and service delivery on a project basis in conjunction with other colleagues.
- Take the lead, set the pace and monitor all work executed at all stages to ensure that an accurate, professional and quality service is delivered to clients.
- Work collaboratively with Faithful+Gould’s project management, health & safety, building surveying and strategic asset management teams in project delivery.
- Lead and manage commercial aspects of commissions and/or projects including governance, fee management activities, internal job costings and resource requirements.
- Play a key role in generating repeat business and new business opportunities/market opportunities.
- Support and in some instances lead bid activity, including writing of proposals and other business development activities.
- Managing assistant and graduate colleagues, including undertaking performance and development reviews and mentoring/coaching less experienced colleagues.
To join us you’ll ideally need:
- To be qualified with a BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying.
- To be a Chartered member of the RICS (or equivalent) or working towards the professional membership.
- Experience in a range of Quantity Surveying/Employer’s Agent duties from project inception through to completion.
- Experience of both pre-and post-contract quantity surveying responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients.
- Experience within one or more sectors including Residential, Education, Leisure and Care.
- Experience with private and/or public sector clients on major projects.
- A good working knowledge of current construction contracts such as NEC and JCT.
- An understanding of current construction tools and initiatives such as BREEAM, Net Carbon Zero, BIM and Project soft-landings.
- Hold a broad contact and knowledge base of local markets and will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting of the generation of repeat business.
- Commercially aware, work well as part of a team and demonstrate the people management skills to support and mentor where required.
- Great interpersonal skills, an ability to communicate effectively (both internally and with Clients), and a willingness and determination to progress your career quickly.
- The necessary ambition and drive to deliver a high-quality professional service.
- IT skills, such as Office, Outlook, BIM / CAD measure, Cost Planning software e.g. Cost-X.
- Good organisational skills.
- Self-motivation and keen to become an integral office team member.
- An ability to make you own informed decisions and work unsupervised when necessary.
- Full driving licence (desirable).
- A courteous manner with a high level of professionalism - the ability to liaise with colleagues at all levels.
- An excellent work ethic and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Ability to be agile and work under pressure.
- A disciplined thinker and analytical, numerate, problem solver who has the judgement and the capacity to think complex issues through and develop effective solutions in a timely fashion.
- The drive and self-motivation to continuously develop their technical and behavioural skills.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively within multidisciplinary teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An ability to influence others through the use of sound judgement and good sense.
- Should have the ability to work with the minimum of supervision and on their own initiative.
- Ability to work as an integral member of a wider team to deliver a quality service.
- The ability to identify and develop further opportunities to grow the business would be an advantage.
Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving professional membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs