Senior Quantity Surveyor- Infrastructure
Job Title – Senior Quantity Surveyor- Infrastructure
We are currently looking for experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor- Infrastructure to join our team currently working on multiple projects across varying sectors in our Abu Dhabi office. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a growing team on high profile projects across the UAE.
- Bachelor Degree in Quantity Surveying or related
- Minimum 15 + years Quantity Surveying working experience in UAE
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in an Infrastructure projects, and any experience with Abu Dhabi Municipality shall be an advantage
- Computer literate (Cost X, MS Excel & Word etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of the following:
- Cost planning (concept design, schematic design & detailed design)
- Measurement / BOQ in POMI & CESMM
- Collation of Contract Documentation
- Understanding of FDIC Forms of Contracts
- UAE Industry Experience
- Infrastructure Roads Highway/ Civil, Residential
- Demonstrate good understanding of compiling unit rates for estimating
- Chartered or working towards MRICS
- Hotel and leisure project QS experience
- Essential (Planning & time management, influencing skills, customer focus etc.)
- Task orientated
- Team player but able to work independently with minimum supervision
- Able to meet set deliverables
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Able to act on own initiative and proactive way
- The Quantity Surveyors will report to either a Commercial Manager or Associate Director
- Will be responsible for organising measurement tasks when preparing estimates / cost plans
- Draft estimates / cost plans for review and finalisation with senior management.
- Preparation of BOQ including drafting Preambles / General Requirements.
- Undertake market review / research for compiling and updating unit rates for estimating.
- Responsible for on-site and off-site quantity verifications and confirmation with regards to payments and variation works.
- Responsible for checking and verifications of all invoices of the said sub packages on site.
- Maintain a register of payments.
- Check the materials on and off site and verified delivery and acceptance from the client’s representative for payment approval.
- Prepare and maintain records of all sub-contractors agreement and payments.
- On site verification of Final Accounts submitted by the Contractors and selected Sub Contractors and Suppliers, adjusting as necessary and providing recommendations to the Client.
- Prepare and maintain cash flow forecasts for Subcontract works.
- Update Cost report.
- Carry out cost estimates for alternative design solutions.
- Prepare estimates of variation works.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.