Senior Quantity Surveyor-Infrastructure
Senior Quantity Surveyor-Infrastructure
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will hold the following responsibilities and duties:
- Full time quantity surveying services for project in Muscat, Oman and the candidate must have a transferable visa.
- Experience in providing Pre and Post Contract Cost Management services to the various industry sectors.
- Experience in delivering Pre and Post Contract Cost Management services internationally with a minimum of 4 years experience in this role.
- Ability to contribute to the development of our long term strategic relationship with our key client and improve our ability to win repeat commissions.
- Understanding of client’s core objectives and managing all Pre and Post Contract facets of a project to ensure a successful delivery.
- Ability to work as part of a team of dynamic individuals and possess excellent communication skills.
- Manage team(s) of Quantity Surveyors and Intermediate Quantity Surveyors.
- Liaising between client and other consultants.
- Effective communication with F+G senior management.
Technical Competencies / Qualifications / Experience
- Diploma/BSc in Quantity Surveying or Equivalent
- 15 years’ experience for Diploma holder, 10 years for BSc
- Experience in infrastructure projects (water projects experience is preferred)
- Minimum one project with experience in FIDIC Standard Conditions of Contract
- Experience in Oman and/or GCC countries
- Experience in Post contracts
- Ability to maximise valuation of variations and change orders.
- Knowledge and understanding of component parts of a project and overall construction costs.
Essential (Planning & time management, influencing skills, customer focus etc).
- Self starter.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Able to act on own initiative and proactive way.
- Provision of full valuation of variations service on an airport programme in Muscat, Oman.
- Engender a team spirit that encourages delivery excellence.
- Co-ordinate and work with the wider Faithful+Gould business.
- Retain and own close contact with client individuals.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide. Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Professional membership fees
- Employee Assistance Program – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs