Senior Reactor Physicists
Senior Reactor Physicists
Senior Reactor Physicists
Why join us?
Our Reactor Core Physics Department at SNC-Lavalin/Candu Energy is engaged in design and analysis work to support the design of new CANDU Nuclear Power Plants as well as supporting the operation and safety of the existing domestic and international CANDU plants. We are currently looking for Senior Reactor Physicists to be part of our team.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Perform and/or supervise the following calculations: Finite-reactor-core calculations, Kinetics calculations, Advanced-fuel-cycle calculations, Monte Carlo calculations.
- Prepare inputs, run reactor physics computer codes Develop, adapt and modify FORTRAN computer codes as required for specific applications (e.g., to implement new methods or perform new types of calculations)
- Develop methodologies and perform reactor physics analyses to support design and commercial activities
- Document analyses in technical notes and reports, and present results at meetings Interface with other groups/projects as required
- Review technical documents Supervise junior staff
- Estimate, monitor schedules and assign work to meet completion dates Interface with clients and projects to assess reactor physics related issues confronting their projects/stations and advising on potential solutions
- Prepare and/or review work proposals for internal and external clients
- Perform varied work assignments effectively and respond quickly to changing project needs
- Establish required resources for client work
- Propose/develop approaches to be used on reactor physics tasks
- Develop analysis basis plans
- Coordinate work and liaise with a multidisciplinary analysis team including project management
What will you contribute?
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Nuclear Engineering from a university of recognized standing
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years of relevant experience or combination of experience and advanced education
- Extensive experience with reactor physics codes WIMS, DRAGON, RFSP and MCNP Experience with DONJON and KENO codes is very desirable
- Must be conversant with computer environments; proficiency in both Linux and WINDOWS environments is a strong asset
- Proficiency in computer programming, especially FORTRAN, is very desirable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to work well under pressure and be flexible, i.e., must be able to perform varied work assignments effectively and respond quickly to changing project needs
- Strong problem-solving skills are essential
- Ability to show initiative while working in a team environment
- Ability to work to budget and schedule
- Full commitment to working in a formal QA environment.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits.
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes.
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.).
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs