Senior Reliability and Safety Engineer - Rail
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
The Rail Consulting Assurance Practice works predominantly in the UK rail domain with some work internationally. We work on many of the major rail infrastructure delivery projects including HS2, Crossrail and East West Rail as well as numerous smaller projects.
We help our clients understand and make assessments in complex situations to ensure that engineering safety is integral to the decision-making process. We cover legislative compliance, independent audit/assessment, technology development, engineering process, scheme development and design, construction and commissioning, operations and maintenance. Working across the wider Atkins design and delivery teams, we help each other to develop and deliver, and take opportunities for socialising together too.
We are looking for reliability professionals with system safety experience. You should have an appropriate level of railway systems knowledge, be experienced in using proprietary RAM modelling and analysis techniques, and have a working knowledge of the principal RAM standards for railway system projects. Candidates are expected to have strong analytic, report writing, and workshop chairing skills. Senior candidates should be able to lead projects and manage project interfaces.
As well as having relevant experience within at least one type of railway infrastructure; heavy rail, light rail; underground or metro, you should have significant experience within a number of the key areas of:
- Application and management of RAMS processes and techniques in accordance with the BS EN 50126, 50128 & 50129, IEC 61508 and other relevant standards.
- Production of RAM & safety documentation such as RAM Plans, RAM Analysis Reports, RAM Specifications, RAM Demonstration Cases, FRACAS Reports, Sparing Reports, FMEA, FTA and SIL allocation/demonstration reports.
Preferably candidates will also be familiar with the application of the Common Safety Method for Risk Evaluation and Assessment to UK rail projects but this is not essential where a candidate is able to demonstrate strong RAM experience with significant railway systems application.
Becoming a Reliability and Safety Engineer with Atkins will provide opportunities to:
- Work with both internal and external customers to deliver reliability studies and safety assurance on a wide range of railway projects working across all engineering disciplines.
- Take a leading role in driving the development and sharing of Reliability and Safety knowledge across the team, mentoring and developing other staff.
- Engage with stakeholders to ensure that their RAM needs are understood and shape our services in response.
- Work across the business to align process, share knowledge and drive innovation.
Continuously develop your skills and competence to maintain professional qualification
We support flexible working and equal opportunities as we believe that diverse teams provide the best mix of interpersonal and technical skills needed to exceed our customers’ expectations.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.