Senior Right-Of-Way Agent
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, Texas ROW Group as a Senior Right-Of-Way Agent.
Under direction, support project managers or clients' attorneys by performing eminent domain package preparation, title research and analysis and coordination for eminent domain hearings. Also, may perform a full range of professional right-of-way acquisition or production functions involving project scheduling and planning, negotiations,
relocation assistance, property valuation and cost estimating, technical analysis and consultation, as well as proposals and presentations.
- Prepare eminent domain packages for acquisition of TxDOT parcels utilizing TxDOT forms
- Perform title research activities to facilitate preparation of eminent domain packages
- Coordinate activities for eminent domain hearings including coordination with TxDOT employees
- Negotiates property acquisitions involving businesses, non-monetary benefits, and design issues.
- Review administrative settlements and recommends approval of settlements
- Provides advisory services to displaced families and businesses, performs relocation planning activities, developsrelocation housing payments, prepares and/or reviews relocation claim packages, and works with public agencies toprovide for the needs of displaced individuals or businesses involves the review, coordination and management of various right-of-way activities and the negotiation of issues, which may at times be complex and controversial, between consultant and client.
- Tasks often require the use of analysis, interpretation, and deductive reasoning
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Real Estate, Business Administration, or other related field plus four years of professional experience in real estate, property management, or other related areas. Without a degree, fourteen years professional experience in real estate, property management or other related areas is required experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Strong communication skills, good report writing skills, ability to analyze data and negotiate effectively. Management and public speaking skills desired. Good knowledge of state and federal procedures and statutes.
- Licensed by the state's Real Estate Commission. Exceptions must be approved by the Director of Operations or Group President
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.