Senior Risk Manager - Rail
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould is an international company with great strength and a culture of encouraging career development. Placing a strong emphasis on the training, and development of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
Due to continued success in securing projects in York, we are looking for an exceptional Senior Risk Manager to join our highly successful team which are based in any of the following offices Warrington/Manchester/Leeds/York.
Our projects range in value of £1m to £50m+ across a variety of high profile clients therefore giving our team a diverse and exciting workload across the infrastructure projects, particularly Rail.
- Develop risk management approaches/systems for clients, incorporating best practice and procedures
- Deliver risk management services in a consistent, professional manner, exceeding client expectations
- Assist the Head of Risk Management in the development of in-house project risk management processes, procedures and capability
- Assist the Head of Risk Management in support of bids and proposals
- Assist the Head of Risk Management in business development of risk management services
- A recognised degree and/or professional qualified to the suited Chartered Body, in project/risk management or be qualified by experience
- Strategic thinker with strong problem-solving expertise, with the ability to draw on and apply lessons learned from other operating environments
- Has led the successful delivery of projects in complex programmes in similar operating environments to Network Rail
- Strong knowledge and experience of working in a safety critical, regulated and multi-organisation operating model within the public sector
- Experience of Infrastructure projects preferably Rail and/or Highways, Nuclear or Utilities
- Responsible for managing teams to provide multi-disciplinary skills and services to meet programme and/or project objectives
- Strong management and leadership qualities demonstrable through their daily actions and engagement with individuals
- Capability to hold key client relationships, managing communication effectively both upstream and downstream
- Holds service management responsibilities including but not limited to resourcing, onboarding, reporting and rectification of issues
- Oversees and ensures high quality output for the programme and/or project s/he is responsible for
- Be able to demonstrate experience in conducting all aspects of project/programme risk management including:
- Initiating, developing and implementing risk management processes
- Facilitating workshops as part of the overall delivery of the risk process
- Conducting Qualitative Risk Analysis of risk data
- Undertaking Quantitative Risk Analysis including Schedule and Cost Risk Analysis
- Producing appropriate risk management reports from analysis to inform decision making
- Training/mentoring personnel to establish a risk management culture in an organisation
- Practical use and knowledge of industry risk management tools such as: ARM, Xactium, Primavera Risk Analysis, Safran, @Risk, Predict! Software Suite
- Excellent facilitation and communication skills
- Experienced in application of Value Management (as a minimum, the candidate needs to demonstrate understanding of the VM process and how it is applied on projects)
- A broad understanding of Project/Programme Management methodologies and planning tools such as Primavera P6/MS Project
- An ability to develop client relationships and generate business development opportunities in conjunction with the Head of Risk Management
- An ability to work with limited supervision, both individually and as part of a team
- An ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels of a project/programme, written and verbal
- Flexible to be office or site based as per the needs of the business and client. Role requires regular travel to client offices in York
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.