Senior Roadway Construction Inspector
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Ft. Myers, FL Construction Group as a Senior Roadway Construction Inspector.
Under general supervision, researches and interprets contract requirements to determine whether construction work is proceeding in substantial compliance with plans, contracts, specifications and special provisions. NOTE: Incumbents do not supervise any contractors' activities and are not responsible for job site safety.
Applies conventional field observation practices in diversified construction projects of medium to large complexity.
Responsible for performing highly complex technical assignments in field surveying and construction layout, making, and checking engineering computations, inspecting construction work, and conducting field tests and is responsible for coordinating and managing the lower level inspectors. Work is performed under the general supervision of the Project Administrator.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) plus ten years related experience OR an Associates Degree in a related technical field plus eight years related experience is required.
- Two (2) years of which shall have been in bridge and/or roadway construction inspection with the exception of Complex Category 2 (CC2) bridge structures or a Civil Engineering degree and one (1) year of road & bridge CEI experience with the ability to earn additional required qualifications within one year. (Note: Senior Engineer Intern classification requires one (1) year experience as an Engineer Intern.)
- For CC2 bridge structures, be a high school graduate or equivalent and have five (5) years of general bridge construction experience of which two (2) years must have been with the type of CC2 bridge construction project for which CEI services are being provided by this scope. As an exception, only one (1) year of PTS bridge experience will be required. Additionally, a minimum of twelve (12) months of experience as the Senior Inspector in primary control of the type CC2 construction project for which CEI services are being provided by this scope. To be in primary control, a Senior Inspector must have supervised two or more inspectors and must have been directly responsible for all inspection requirements related to the construction operations assigned.
- CPTS years of experience must have included a minimum of twelve (12) months of inspection experience in one or both of the following depending on which area the inspector is being approved for: (1) casting yard inspection; (2) erection inspection. In addition, two (2) years of geometry-control surveying experience is required for inspectors that perform or monitor geometry control surveying in a casting yard. CPTCB years of experience must include monitoring and inspection of the following: girder erection, safe use of girder erection cranes, girder stabilization after erection, false work for temporary girder support, and PT and grouting operations.
- PTS years of experience must include monitoring of the following: installation of PT ducts and related hardware and post-tensioning and grouting of strands or be the level of experience that meets the criteria for CPTS or CPTCB bridges.
- MB years of experience must have included the inspection of MB mechanical components for machinery inspectors and MB electrical components/systems for electrical inspectors.
- CTQP Concrete Field Technician Level I
- CTQP Concrete Field Inspector Level II (Bridges)
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level I
- CTQP Asphalt Roadway Level II
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level I
- CTQP Earthwork Construction Inspection Level II
- CTQP Pile Driving Inspection
- CTQP Drilled Shaft Inspection (required for inspection of all drilled shafts including miscellaneous structures such as sign structures, lighting structures, and traffic signal structures)
- CTQP Grouting Technician Level I
- CTQP Post-Tensioning Technician Level I
- IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector Level I
- CTQP Final Estimates Level I
- FDOT Intermediate MOT
- Nuclear Radiation Safety
- IMSA Traffic Signal Inspector Level I
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles