Senior Safety Specialist
Senior Safety Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Senior Safety Specialist
This position is based out of our office in Sheridan Park, Mississauga and reports to the Manager, Deterministic Safety Analysis. It is responsible for a combination of hands on and supervisory work; and maintaining the overall high quality of engineering typical experience is 15 years or more. Independently performs assignments with instructions about the general results expected.
How will you contribute to the team?
• Fully competent in the conventional aspects of at least one engineering field or discipline.
• Plans and conducts own work requiring initiative and independent judgement.
• Develops new concepts or proposes substantial design modifications to meet functional requirements.
• Devises new approaches to problems in the engineering speciality.
• Develops, plans, schedules, conducts or co-ordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in part of a major project or in a total project of considerable scope.
• Work involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitable standard materials and difficult co-ordination requirements.
• Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering methods.
• Applies broad knowledge of precedents in the engineering discipline or field and a good knowledge of the principles and practices of related disciplines or fields.
• Recommendations are normally accepted as technically accurate and feasible and are reviewed with regard to their overall soundness of judgement.
• As project engineer has prime responsibility to co-ordinate work of considerable technical and commercial complexity or co-ordinates substantial aspects of large-scale projects. Defines work scope, communicates client requirements, monitors and reports progress.
• Recognized as a Candu specialist engineer in DSA skill set (heat and mass transfer) and maintains liaison with organizations inside or outside the Company.
• May act as an authority in one or more engineering specialties for a type of facility or equipment, or a program function. May be given full responsibility for packages of work including technical content, cost, schedule and delivery.
• May be delegated to represent the Company in the development of engineering standards and/or technical forums in his/her area of responsibility.
• May participate in operational planning process.
• Supervision and guidance received is related largely to overall work objectives, critical issues and new concepts. Work is reviewed for consistency with policy and procedures.
• As project specialist, has prime technical and commercial interface with the client and Candu engineering and commercial groups on projects of substantial scale and complexity. Precisely defines work scopes.
• Clarifies client requirements as regards to Candu inputs. Reviews Candu work to ensure client requirements are being met and initiates any necessary corrective action.
• Reports on technical and financial progress.
• Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree from a recognized institution and/or eligibility for membership in a provincial engineering association.
• 15 years of relevant engineering experience
• Recognized as a Candu specialist engineer in DSA skill set (heat and mass transfer) and maintains liaison with organizations inside or outside the Company
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs