Senior Scheduler - Metro/Transit/Rail
Senior Scheduler - Metro/Transit/Rail
Senior Scheduler – Metro/Transit/Rail
Why join us?
Our Los Angeles team is growing! If you want to be a part of a successful global organization and have at least 7 years of experience as a Senior Scheduler on Rail projects, we would like to connect with you. We are looking for specific experience preparing and updating bar chart or critical path method (CPM) schedules. We seek for career minded individuals who are looking for long term growth. This is an internal position with Faithful+Gould that comes with robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project controls and consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with several high-profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the Fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #11 largest Construction Management Company and #9 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise It’s in our DNA.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Time management and control for the stakeholders and the project team
- Develop and updates summary level as well as detailed schedules
- Develop lists of design, procurement, construction and post construction activities based on review of design documents, examination of site conditions and discussions with Owners, design consultants and contractors
- Identify major milestones, critical approvals and long lead procurement items
- Determine reasonable schedule logic and constraints based on discussion with task owners and/or teams
- Develop realistic activity durations based on production rates and available manpower based on discussion with task owners and/or teams
- Assign resources (cost, labor or material) to activities and develops cash flow reports and resource histograms
- Evaluate critical and near critical path activity sequences
- Assess actual progress based on site inspections
- Identify schedule changes and trends
- Develop earned value reports
- Suggest corrective actions and/or develop recovery plans when delays are anticipated or occur
- Review contractor prepared schedules
- Prepare post construction as-built schedules and lessons learned reports
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction, or related field
- Seven years’ relevant experience
- Rail, Major Capital Improvement Programs experience, Multimillion dollar construction project experience, ability to provide independent schedule analysis, contractor schedule review, and executive summary reporting
- Must have strong understanding of CPM (Critical Path Method) concepts and calculations
- Strong understanding of earned value concepts, calculations, and rules of credit
- Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Primavera scheduling products (P6) and report preparation skills
- Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
- Certification with AACE, PMI or CMAA is preferred
What we offer at Faithful+Gould:
At Faithful+Gould, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits that include:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- Generous time-off benefits
- 401 (k) with employer match
- Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
- Career development opportunities through our corporate university
- Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
- Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and commuter reimbursement account
If you think that a career with our team could match your profile, submit your application online now!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs