This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Tampa, FL Water Resources Group as an Senior Water Resources Engineer or Senior Scientist. The focus will be on hydrogeology and well design. Our Tampa hydrogeology team consists of groundwater modelers, well designers and hydrologist. The ideal candidate is a licensed Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer.
Provides the expertise of a seasoned well designer. Experience in hydrogeology, geology and well design is required. The candidate’s background can be in geology or engineering. Experience with water supply wells, deep injection wells and/or Aquifer Storage and Recovery wells is required. The candidate will directly interface with clients, procure work, and carry out designs for both existing and future contracts. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs project design, sketching design concepts to be developed by junior staff, CAD designers or technicians.
- Plans and reviews the production of drawings and specifications.
- Plans and reviews the production of hydrogelogical investigations or planning work.
- Develops and evaluates plans and criteria for new projects, weighing alternatives and selecting the most cost-effective solution.
- Analyzes technical problems, assessing the feasibility of proposed techniques and procedures, and devising new approaches and alternative solutions.
- Analyzes project dimension and scope, and prepares or oversees the preparation of cost and staff estimates, schedules and job budgets.
- Coordinates work with project manager, and guides junior professionals and technical personnel on the design and drafting of preliminary and final plans.
- Is responsible for quality control, maintaining quality standards in all work produced, and checking computations or reviewing designs and drawings performed by others.
- May occasionally manage projects.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil Engineering or Geology. M.S. or graduate level technical coursework preferred.
- This level may be achieved by Engineers/ Geologists with seven years of experience since B.S. or 6 years since M.S. Typical incumbent has ten to fourteen years of experience.
- Proven technical writing and communication skills. Incumbent may be eligible for project management training.
- P.E. or P.G. license is required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here: http://careers.atkinsglobal.com/File.ashx?path=Root/Documents/north-america-welcome-new-employee/Equal_Opp_Stmt.pdf
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles