Senior Security Engineer
SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L’s offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
Our Group Information Services (Group IS) business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting close to 20000 people across the Atkins group including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
Group IS has developed an operating model to evolve the way IT services are provided to the company, moving from a ‘Business as Usual’ focus to an organisation driven by a joint technology roadmap with the business and enabling business value. Here, the key focus areas include: getting the basics right, being a true partner to the business, information assurance & security, career management for our staff, and supporting the organization on its digital journey.
Our user services teams are committed to delivering a 24/7, 365 days a year service ensuring we keep our people and projects delivering for clients. This includes service desk, hardware and software asset management and software packaging teams providing the latest technology solutions available to future proof the organisation’s technical ability.
Our technology delivery teams setup and run the IT infrastructure backbone of the organization including network, firewall, storage and unified communications. They enable the global nature of our business, providing seamless connectivity, communication and collaboration capabilities to our employees. This means we can all work collaboratively from anywhere in the world and on any device, using Office 365 and Skype for Business, improving the pace and quality of delivery for our partners and clients
Our applications delivery teams help build, implement, support and sustain the various corporate systems used by the company’s functions and also the numerous digital offerings aimed at improving the efficiency of our internal teams and the value proposition to our clients. Here, we have teams dedicated to innovating, researching and experimenting with new leading edge technology and exploring emerging digital solutions using a combination of Full Stack development, Data Analytics, Digital Engineering, Intelligent Mobility and Digital Asset Management.
Our focus on delivering a range of IT services and digital solutions means at all times the needs of our clients are at the forefront of delivery, ensuring business change is managed in an effective way. We pride ourselves on being agile, quick to respond, and are able to deliver IT solutions within a short period of time, allowing for rapid project mobilisation for our business.
SNCL Atkins is currently have an opportunity for Senior Security Engineer for our Epsom office.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced security engineer to work in a team providing security services for over 18,000 users in a distributed, global network. As part of this team you will be responsible for delivering key objectives on our roadmap to improve our security posture, user experience and enabling the business to fully leverage the opportunities of Cloud, mobility and Internet based collaboration.
The ideal candidate will be a flexible, problem solving, security engineer who is also capable of analyzing potential security incidents, automating security processes and driving change.
CISSP, CISM or equivalent
Degree in information security or computer science
The candidate must have demonstrable experience in a multinational IT team and the following:
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or information security engineer
- Hands on experience in the use and operation of a range of security systems such as;
- vulnerability management systems,
- intrusion detection systems,
- anti-virus software, authentication systems,
- multi-factor authentication,
- log management,
- email security systems covering malware and phishing,
- device control.
- Cloud PaaS and IaaS security
- Cloud security services
- Experience of leading the implementation of new security systems and maintaining existing security systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Solid understanding of authentication protocols and principles
- Experience of using PowerShell for security
The ideal candidate will also have experience of:
- Working with ITIL processes
- Working to recognised security standards such as ISO 27001
- Using common utilities for detecting, evaluating and responding to malware
- Virtualization security
- Storage security
- Security development life cycles
- Software development methodologies
- Developing security requirements for software and system acquisition and development
- Experience of using Python and other scripting languages.
- Leading the implementation of initiatives on our security roadmap
- Ensuring appropriate levels of documentation for support and operations
- Supporting our antimalware infrastructure
- Supporting our Privileged Access Management solution including developing solutions for new use cases, documenting our existing service, transitioning the service to operations and providing high level support.
- Undertaking risk assessments to approve exemptions and to support projects from other teams
- Investigating security incidents reported by users and developing processes to triage
- Identifying and driving the remediation of technical vulnerabilities and misconfigurations
- Developing and maintaining security incident response plans
We are looking for an individual with a strong work ethic and commitment to service delivery and who can:
- take ownership of and accountability for relevant products and services
- plan, prioritize and complete their own work, whilst remaining a team player
- interact successfully with all levels of our internal user community
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.