Senior Signalling Engineer
Senior Signalling Engineer
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years.
How will you contribute to the team?
• Leading the design of signalling systems including trackside equipment, wayside equipment, signal room equipment and control room equipment
• Technical management of train control system projects executed by vendors
• System design to meet for operational capacity and project functionality requirements
• Integration of Train Control & Signalling System design into Stations, Stops, Traction Power Sub-stations, Maintenance & Storage facilities and Control Centres in accordance with Project requirements
• Working with the System Design teams, other Domain teams and the Requirements Management team within the Rail Control Systems Directorate on specification and delivery of these various Train Control & Signalling Systems into overall rail and mass transit project solutions
• Interfacing with design groups (communications, fixed facilities, etc.) and with external team members (architects, code consultants, AHJs, major suppliers, etc.)
• Component, sub-system and system procurement (technical specifications, vendor selections, post-award support, etc.)
• Delivery of Design\Construction and Interface Control documentation
•Interaction with Operations and Maintenance teams
• Support of construction and installation activities in the field
• Support for Test & Commissioning and setting to work of mass transit, urban rail and heavy freight signalling and control systems
• Assistance with customer staff training
• Assistance with the generation of O&M Manuals
What will you contribute?
• Experienced in the design and application of at least one major train control discipline (ATC/CBTC or Conventional)
• Experienced in the design and/or integration of train control systems into transit facilities and vehicles
• Experienced in leading a mixed staff design staff teams in the generation of design documents, drawings and submissions.
• Experienced in the generation of technical requirements and specifications
• Accustomed to operating within a multi-disciplinary project structure with responsibility for Train Control & Signaling systems design
• Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision
• Accustomed to working on multiple projects at one time
• Able to interact within discussions with the partners, clients and suppliers and able to be the technical lead on such discussions
• Able to lead and support a team of technical specialists
• Able to adapt to changing circumstances
• Able to work in design office, project office and field environments
• Min 10-15 years of experience in the design and application of Train Control & Signalling Systems in Rail & Transit
• Must be willing to travel to project sites
• Must be willing to travel to vendor locations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics
• Licensed member of Professional Engineers Ontario (PEO).
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.)
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs