Senior Software Engineer (Safety)
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As one of the world's leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, Atkins offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
The Atkins ADS&T business has been experiencing a period of sustained growth across various market sectors. We specialise in the delivery of information system solutions that utilise a wide range of technologies. Our drive is to deliver innovative, high-quality solutions to our clients that meet their operational needs and align with their corporate culture.
The Atkins Software Assurance team specialises in consultancy and solutions for verification and testing of software and programmable hardware used in safety-critical digital systems. Due to increased demand from clients across many industry sectors including Nuclear Power, Rail, Defence, Automotive and Aerospace including a major project for the Hinkley Point C nuclear power plant, we are looking to recruit Software Engineers
This is an opportunity to join a growing, dynamic team with a strong pipeline of future opportunities. This is a technical role that would suit all engineers with a range of experience between 3 and 20+ years’ experience of working with software systems. Experience of Software and Digital Systems being used in a safety-related context is preferred, but not essential. Appropriate training and mentoring will be provided.
Responsibilities will include:
- Crafting technical solutions for key software projects in safety and mission critical industries
- Team leading
Desired experience and skills:
- A degree in a numerical discipline
- Development and test of real-time, embedded and control systems.
- Working with software-based systems in safety or mission critical industries
- Working with compilers and assembler languages
- Static and formal software analysis techniques and tools (such as SPARK, Polyspace, MALPAS etc.)
- High-level programming languages such as C and Ada
In addition, you will display following characteristics:
- Teamwork – Ability to work cooperatively, supporting and championing the growth and development of junior colleagues
- Communication – High emotional intelligence with effective questioning/listening skills. Able to communicate with confidence at higher and lower levels
- Flexibility – Ability to adapt approach to individual situations and remain calm under pressure
- Customer Focus – Delivers a high level of customer service to our external and internal customers, displaying leadership to help clients through different problems
- Achievement – Energy, pride and determination to exceed client aspirations and achieve challenging goals
- Initiative – Ability to analyse data and situations, break down work into key tasks and activities
- A passion for developing technically and professionally
- Ethics and integrity – A collaborative team-player whom operates to high behavioural standards and business ethics and is always an ambassador for our wider business
- Collegiate – Manage client demands whilst contributing to the development of the Practice
Why work for Atkins?
With Atkins you will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience plus learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Atkins is committed to developing its people both personally and professionally. Our colleagues have the advantage of access to a high ranging training portfolio and development activities designed to help make the best of individual’s abilities and talents. We also actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; http://www.yourrewardatkins.com
Atkins is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.